FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need Push Bar Help

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Need Push Bar Help

Hey gents,

Long story but the landlord of my work office decided to replace the standard push bar and lock with an emergency only alarm type push bar except something didnt work out and they salvaged parts from the old mixed with the new and called it all complete except this doesnt have any alarms. They also said this new lock has a feature which notifies them when the door is open, no need to get into why but is that true or is it a big fat bluff which I think it is. Do these push lever locks come with any such feature/ability? Do they have bluetooth features?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Need Push Bar Help

This is a Von Duprin #99 rim device. It is fire rated, as it has no key dogging function. There can be additional letters after the 99 which designate outside trim/options. Example: 99EO- exit only, no outside trim- 99NL-night latch, open with a key always locked- 99TP- thumb piece, key locks/unlocks the pitcher handle thumb piece, etc...I can find no mention in my catalog about Bluetooth, but it could be a very new thing? They can be ordered with a variety of factory switches that can be used to hook up external devices. These numbers should allow you to do a search to find the latest and greatest VD has to offer! Also, the difference between a 99 & 98 is cosmetic, mechanically they are the same. Good luck.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 am

mastersmith wrote:This is a Von Duprin #99 rim device. It is fire rated, as it has no key dogging function. There can be additional letters after the 99 which designate outside trim/options. Example: 99EO- exit only, no outside trim- 99NL-night latch, open with a key always locked- 99TP- thumb piece, key locks/unlocks the pitcher handle thumb piece, etc...I can find no mention in my catalog about Bluetooth, but it could be a very new thing? They can be ordered with a variety of factory switches that can be used to hook up external devices. These numbers should allow you to do a search to find the latest and greatest VD has to offer! Also, the difference between a 99 & 98 is cosmetic, mechanically they are the same. Good luck.

Holy shit I love this community.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Probably just a upgrade for fire regulations - and fitted a wireless push button device into the unit - bar

sends a signal up to 125 metres - just as a door bell does no wires required can be fitted to many push bar exits unseen

easy mod - childs stuff probably a box in the boss,s office - caretaker - building manager to alert them door as been

opened so they can act quickly to fire or theft -
<<

Rumball Solutions

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 am

Love the irony of that picture. Boss upgrades fire exit and tells everyone that interfering with it is an offence, but at the same time is happy to have an obstruction (combustible material to boot) in front of said door.

Get on to the AHJ and send them the picture, we'll see who cops the ticket...........

Probably worth checking it's mounted at the correct height and door activates with correctly in line with requirements of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). More than one way to skin a cat........ :axeem:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 am

Rumball Solutions wrote:More than one way to skin a cat........ :axeem:

My favorite way is to put its head in a boot jack and pull on its tail. :twisted:

Wonders if Xeo will ban him for that comment

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Random Banter