FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Man, am I jealous!

<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:21 am

Man, am I jealous!

So, I've been watching a lot (currently ~128) of Mr. Moss' videos.
Seeing all those locks, cylinders, padlocks, pin kit(s), tools, etc... just makes me sad. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy for you guys having easy access to this, but for my own part...
I've done a bit of searching on ebay and have found some items I'd like to buy. That is.. until I see the price of shipping.
Shipping to Norway is somewhat costly, but not that bad. Over $50 for a single padlock! And that doesn't even include the import charge of ~$20 :whip:

I can't find a single place to buy used locks, tools or anything locally... :twisted:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:49 am

Re: Man, am I jealous!

The American/North American eBay is basically where everyone gets their junk lock piles, lots, and rare locks. People also harass foreign sellers on foreign eBay to ship to America and they pay the extra shipping. Unfortunately for you being in Norway, you're limited to doing big transactions to minimize shipping losses. However, you have one very unique advantage. You have access to some very choice locks (TrioVing). TrioVings are sought after by pickers/collectors. They can be extremely difficult to pick. I would suggest you start selling them on eBay to people in the USA/Canada and make them pay the shipping costs. You'll sell them. They're also juicy trade fodder. I'm sure a number of people on this site will want to trade with you. Good luck.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

sheerluck

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

While probably slim pickings in comparison to eBay, it is also worth checking out local auction sites.
<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:18 am

xeo wrote:The American/North American eBay is basically where everyone gets their junk lock piles, lots, and rare locks. People also harass foreign sellers on foreign eBay to ship to America and they pay the extra shipping. Unfortunately for you being in Norway, you're limited to doing big transactions to minimize shipping losses. However, you have one very unique advantage. You have access to some very choice locks (TrioVing). TrioVings are sought after by pickers/collectors. They can be extremely difficult to pick. I would suggest you start selling them on eBay to people in the USA/Canada and make them pay the shipping costs. You'll sell them. They're also juicy trade fodder. I'm sure a number of people on this site will want to trade with you. Good luck.

One of our departments is a TrioVing security center, and I got a box of locks from them last week. If it weren't for them having just had a huge clean up, tossing hundreds of locks, I'd have all I wanted. I'll get more, but right now they didn't have much "left over".

sheerluck wrote:While probably slim pickings in comparison to eBay, it is also worth checking out local auction sites.

Did some searches yesterday and the only result I got was a listing fo 10 padlocks (charms for a bracelet...) :P
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm

As Xeo pointed you've got access to some nice locks. As a curious hopeful potential future trader, do you have to pay import tax on a "gift" from the USA?
(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Wait what Trioving had a clean out? Wow what a miss, sorry mate.

Xeo surprising no one wanted the TrioVings he had posted. Well me and another gent but the shipping scared everyone off.

Geir, dont worry, it doesnt all happen over night, believe me. Slowly but surely youll find ways to get locks. I, as most of us, started with a small small box with 2-3 junk locks and now I have a collection. Yes its harder for you but its not impossible. Check out local: auctions, garage sales, flea markets, locksmiths, hardware stores, security alarm and camera spots, tell all your friends and family (word of mouth surprising works wonders), there are also a lot of online flea markets and auctions you may want to check. Try classifieds. People of Norway must be locking things with something, cant only be triovings lol
<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 pm

davesnothere11 wrote:As Xeo pointed you've got access to some nice locks. As a curious hopeful potential future trader, do you have to pay import tax on a "gift" from the USA?

No import charges, or tax requirements on gifts from the US. At least not if Gift is checked and also value is said to be like $10-$15 :)

Gleb:
Oh, I'm patient and I don't need it all now :) Only posted because I found some nice lots on ebay I'd really like, but the shipping was horrendous!

/Geir
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Don’t stress Geir.

You have access to all those amazing European locks.

Can you get Russian locks?? There is an area that will have everyone jealous.

Look at the wonderful Asian locks that Marduk found.

In Australia we have a very limited selection of locks and most of the interesting locks that we can get are purchased on eBay. Agree the postage is now becoming outrageous.

See what you have access to and concentrate on them. I’m sure that once you start looking you will build up a collection of locks that you can easily trade or sell.

BTW. Welcome to the forum.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:11 pm

I've spent more than i care to find out on shipping from europe. but if the lock is really worth it then shipping is just something you gotta pay.

also, you can find someone on here to trade with and then maybe get a bunch of stuff shipped to them and they can then just send one large box to you... it is much cheaper in the long run.

I do this for a few people and have several people do this for me.

welcome to the world of collecting ;) it's a fun ride :P
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Random Banter