FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

RPL ??????

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

RPL ??????

does RPL, or Registered Professional Locksmith, even exist? is it a recognized title? I was just wondering, seems you can take a test to get this classification, not much on the web about this. Anyone know?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: RPL ??????

For USA, see link below.These are credentials, but not necessarily (to the best of my knowledge) required to practice locksmithing as it varies from state to state.One should also be bonded as well.

Certifications:

Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) - The first level of locksmith certification is Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL). A Certified Registered Locksmith has passed the ten mandatory categories, as well as at least two specialized electives of his choice. A CRL has a good working knowledge of general locksmithing.
Certified Professional Locksmith (CPL) - The second level of locksmith certification is Certified Professional Locksmith (CPL). A Certified Professional Locksmith has earned the CRL designation and has successfully in an additional twelve elective categories. A CPL has an advanced knowledge of general locksmithing and of many specialized areas.
Certified Master Locksmith (CML) - The highest level of locksmith certification is Certified Master Locksmith (CML). A Certified Master Locksmith has reached the highest level of ALOA's Proficiency Registration Program and has successfully demonstrated proficiency in ninety percent of the available categories of the Proficiency Registration Program, or PRP test. A CML has advanced knowledge of most areas of locksmithing and electronic security.

http://www.aloa.org/
"Release the hounds"
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: RPL ??????

Can anyone clarify the same situation in the UK ?
Lots of us have questions but only seem to see "qualifications"from
academies (and you must pay for their course , of course) which means " i paid for this " not necesarily earned it , or can i prove that i am honest enough to be trusted with this most personal of trusts .
I have held CRB Enhanced status for 20 years (or equivalent)
That means i am not a known criminal , thats all , as i was a Croupier.
It would be nice to get the low down from someone who knows ,
does anyone ?
Open Sez Me !

Return to Random Banter