FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Movie picking

<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:20 am

Re: Movie picking

pinhead1304 wrote:in james bond moonraker he uses a portable x-ray machine that looks like a pack of smokes to see the inner working of a safe and then picks it.

Well this is slightly inclusive of the topic,and it was super cool. He watched the gates align on x-ray to open safe.
"Release the hounds"
<<

thewizardofal

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:33 am

I watched Burn notice, they do pick locks,on one show they sprayed a disk lock with computer keyboard cleaner and hit it with a hammer.It shattered, I wonder if it works? Im not into destuct but it was cool seeing someone do it.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Back in the 80's, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, James Caan did a movie called "Thief" about a safecracker.

Very good flick and they had this cool plasma cutting torch that they used to burn through a safe. It had a very young Jim Belushi in it as his assistant.

[Edit: Back then $150 dollar slacks and $800 dollar suits meant something. Also see if you can spot what looks like a 15 yr old William Petersen (To Live and Die in LA) and ...and oh yeah... the dinosaurs' greatgrandfather...Willie Nelson.]

[Edit: Click here to see the torch.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v50g_vQej0
<<

locksyth

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 am

SOMEONE already took it, but Enemy of the State is my favorite. A running chase with a dude grinding away with an electric pick. It's great! I gotta watch it again to see if they used a tension wrench. It makes me think of homeland security. I don't trust my clothes. Aluminum foil hats for me. I can think of lots of other pick scenes but am lost on names. I will have to get back to you.One thing I do love is when someone is locked in a room and there are twenty easy escape methods right there that the victim knows nothing about. Did I ramble? :shock:
LOCKSYTH-Vini,Vidi,Vici!
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 am

locksyth wrote:SOMEONE already took it, but Enemy of the State is my favorite. A running chase with a dude grinding away with an electric pick. It's great! I gotta watch it again to see if they used a tension wrench. It makes me think of homeland security. I don't trust my clothes. Aluminum foil hats for me. I can think of lots of other pick scenes but am lost on names. I will have to get back to you.One thing I do love is when someone is locked in a room and there are twenty easy escape methods right there that the victim knows nothing about. Did I ramble? :shock:

I know man, you hardly ever see a tension wrench being used. It's like they are some type of "spoonbenders" that by sheer force of will can spin that plug w/o a freaking wrench. It's magical.
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:08 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
locksyth wrote:SOMEONE already took it, but Enemy of the State is my favorite. A running chase with a dude grinding away with an electric pick. It's great! I gotta watch it again to see if they used a tension wrench. It makes me think of homeland security. I don't trust my clothes. Aluminum foil hats for me. I can think of lots of other pick scenes but am lost on names. I will have to get back to you.One thing I do love is when someone is locked in a room and there are twenty easy escape methods right there that the victim knows nothing about. Did I ramble? :shock:

I know man, you hardly ever see a tension wrench being used. It's like they are some type of "spoonbenders" that by sheer force of will can spin that plug w/o a freaking wrench. It's magical.

Jedi mind tricks perhaps?

I guess we'll never know.
<<

locksyth

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:12 pm

The state has secret powers. Homeland security!!!!!!
LOCKSYTH-Vini,Vidi,Vici!
<<

deathitself7

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 am

Rytanfan93 wrote:Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, i noticed i was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a fag (LOL)
Somebody spoke and i went into a dream

Ahhhhuhahhhh

thats wierd I went on this page and read that while listening to the song.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am

In -HELLBOY THE GOLDEN ARMY- there's some pretty good ectoplasmic manipulation of the combination lock to get into the troll market, all i gotta do know is find some some ectoplasm and a troll market, I'll be sure to let everyone know what sort of bargins i get there.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:12 pm

s1deshowmick wrote:In -HELLBOY THE GOLDEN ARMY- there's some pretty good ectoplasmic manipulation of the combination lock to get into the troll market, all i gotta do know is find some some ectoplasm and a troll market, I'll be sure to let everyone know what sort of bargins i get there.

SpaceyStacey wrote:LOL! Definately keep us posted and perhaps put up a tutorial when you succeed S1deshow!!!

Don't forget to pick up a gallon of milk and a loaf o' bread , a box of twinkies, half a chicken, and a 12 pack of Stroh's Bohemian beer (lite), oh and a carton of Marlboro Reds. :lol:
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:29 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
s1deshowmick wrote:In -HELLBOY THE GOLDEN ARMY- there's some pretty good ectoplasmic manipulation of the combination lock to get into the troll market, all i gotta do know is find some some ectoplasm and a troll market, I'll be sure to let everyone know what sort of bargins i get there.

SpaceyStacey wrote:LOL! Definately keep us posted and perhaps put up a tutorial when you succeed S1deshow!!!

Don't forget to pick up a gallon of milk and a loaf o' bread , a box of twinkies, half a chicken, and a 12 pack of Stroh's Bohemian beer (lite), oh and a carton of Marlboro Reds. :lol:

Only one 12 pack of beer? what are you going to drink?
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Hallis drinks only pure arsenic and the blood of mountain goats.

Nobody knows why to this very day
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Beginning of "The Saint" when he's a kid and none of the kids can eat until he says his name, he picks a moritice padlock with a pick fashioned from a small crucifix (T, wrench) and a file :?: to get to the food, i think.

New vauxhall Insignia project advert on T.V It happens very quick but i think the guy uses a pick gun and wrench. plug turns!!
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Anybody seen the New vauxhall Insignia project car advert on T.V the guy uses a cool looking pick-snap gun and wrench. Plug turns!! I think its the most accurate lock picking scene ive seen on tv,although it happens very quickly.
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:50 pm

There's an old movie called the locksmith , starring
Charlie Drake , it's a comedy but some of the safe
cracking scenes looked good , i particularly remember
a part when he built up a key to open a safe , i was
really impressed !