FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Movie picking

<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 am

Movie picking

I think it would be cool if we could start a post and keep a list of all the lockpicking we have seen in the movies or TV shows. Maybe keep a running list. My favorite off the top of my head was a classic Ninja flick, "Revenge of the NInja" from 1982 starrring Sho Kosugi,(IMO best ninja ever). Come on, what is cooler than a ninja picking a lock. He actually didn't rotate the plug, but hell it was cool. Who could forget the classic "Gone in 60 Seconds". Could also encourage posts, especialy if you just saw it on TV. The craziest has to be Anton "Sugar" Chigurh "No Country for Old Men", blasting out plugs with a captive bolt gun!

Edit: Moved to Random Banter and it's own topic. Good idea!

USMC
"Release the hounds"
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:57 am

Re: Movie picking

Alright we've had 19 views. Maybe because it's in random banter and people are focused. I think this can be a really great idea. Think of movies or TV that you saw someone picking and reply. It can also be good to look at the techniques and see what's real vs fake. Everyone has a little critic inside them. Here's your chance to let loose. (woohoo)
"Release the hounds"
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:15 am

I cant remember right now but I react as soon as I see it on tv
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:16 am

Rytanfan93 wrote:My favorite off the top of my head was a classic Ninja flick, "Revenge of the NInja" from 1982

That may be my favorite ninja movie of all time :)

But I've been really in to this new(er) show in the states called Burn Notice. They seem to pick a lock every other episode or so. They actually use a tension wrench and do a decent job making it realistic.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 pm

In recent memory there are a few lockpicking moments that irritate me. In meet the parents Robert Deniro carries his entire tool roll with him to unlock Ben Stiller's luggage lock.
Then on Law & Order SVU there is a case where a young girl is rapped in an elevator service room in the basement. There are scratches all over the door frame and the hardware of the door is royally f'ed up like someone has hit it with a steel brush. Right away Stabler suspects lock picking. Sure enough they find a "burglar's kit" on the young woman's dead body. Apparently picking ettiquete requires you to chicken stratch the hell out of the door before you proceed.

Now, Shanghi Knights has a decent sceane where inspector Holmes takes out his tool kit to pick the lock on the door of the wax museum. The only reason I remember it is because the kit had crude wooden handles and a bogota in the mix of about a dozen picks. When he was picking the lock and Owen Wilson started rushing him he went into a speach about the science of decoding a lock and how it took time. Then Jackie Chan smashed out the front window and unlocked the door. I think that was the best part of that movie. Yep. That's pretty pathetic.
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 am

There's quite alot of picking in "Enemy of the state".

Very good film if i do say so myself :D
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Terminator 2, Sarah Connor uses a paperclip, carefully palmed from an earlier confrontation with the acting Dr. on staff at hospital. She fashions one into a tension tool for bottom of keyway and the other half, inetresting wave like pattern to lift pins. They blew it when the plug didn't turn, but rather she simply pushed ther door open. But they were on the right track anyway. AND my favorite, well second favorite after ninja, Hannibal Lecter picked the handcuffs with a Cross ink pen cartrigde. Funny, it's the correct size for barrrel, but not suitable for shimming.
"Release the hounds"
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:56 pm

I remember shaun from (eastenders-uk soap t.v ) recenyly in last 6 months , picked a lock to help him inside a building site area, to pinch a cheery . didnt see much ! a quick wriggle and he was in (LOL) i laugh'd when i see it (LOL)
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 pm

pinch a cheery...?
"Release the hounds"
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Rytanfan93 wrote:pinch a cheery...?

A cherry picker.
One of these bad boys!
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:23 pm

gentleman you'll have to excuse me as I do not always appreciate your British vocabulary, right on :geek:
"Release the hounds"
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:31 pm

Rytanfan93 wrote:gentleman you'll have to excuse me as I do not always appreciate your British vocabulary, right on :geek:

I know what you mean Rytanfan...I always thought "having a fag" was something that you only did in prison...
:shock:
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 pm

hmm i cant remember correctly, but isnt there some picking in one of the austin powers movies?

oh and,
HallisChalmers wrote:I know what you mean Rytanfan...I always thought "having a fag" was something that you only did in prison...
:shock:

(HAHA)
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, i noticed i was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a fag (LOL)
Somebody spoke and i went into a dream

Ahhhhuhahhhh
"Release the hounds"
<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 am

in james bond moonraker he uses a portable x-ray machine that looks like a pack of smokes to see the inner working of a safe and then picks it.
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
Next

Return to Random Banter