Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Building Your Own Website or Forum

I've been having countless emails of you guys on how to build your own website, Blog or forum. So i decided to put a little guide together to try and help you.

Your first step will be to get a domain name.
Now your domain name is the name of you site. E.G keypicking.com

Say you were building a guitar website, you could use something like Fretkiller.com. just an example

Some companys offer you a domain name and hosting package in one which is ideal.

The best one arround by far is "Web Hosting Pad"
Click the banner at the top of this thread for more info.

Then once you have the hosting package and domain name you need to start building your website.

if you clicked that banner then you'd also notice that they have a free sitebuilder and setup function when you use them for hosting making it very easy for you to get up and running straight away.

(I know this sounds like spam but it's not they are genuinly a fantastic hosting company)

The sitebuilder function gives you the option of setting up all kinds of websites but the best feauture is the ability to set up your own easy to run online shop.

just of the top of my head i'm thinking of you toold makers here because that would be a great way to get your product out there.

If you don't want to go for shop option and your looking for a message board then i would reccomend wither phpbb or Vbulliten.

Personally i would go with phpbb because it's free.

And that hosting company i was talking about also supports both VB and phpbb and has optimized servers to run message boards amongst other things.

Anyway i'll cut it short here for you guys so you don't fall asleep but please let me know if you are intrested in this because i really don't mind going into much more detail, i'll go into search engine friendly optimization, ranking, advertising, affiliation, META, modifications etc.

any questions just let me know

take care
Lew