FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Creating a new Lockpick company...

<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: Creating a new Lockpick company...

Wish you Good luck with your hard work and skilled efforts
<<

spanky2313

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Do you have anything to do with clif lockpicks ? I just bought the king an queen. I was hopeing it would help you. Good luck
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm

spanky2313 wrote:Do you have anything to do with clif lockpicks ? I just bought the king an queen. I was hopeing it would help you. Good luck

LSA is the owner and creator ;)
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Riyame wrote:
spanky2313 wrote:Do you have anything to do with clif lockpicks ? I just bought the king an queen. I was hopeing it would help you. Good luck

LSA is the owner and creator ;)

Indeed ;)

and I shall be shipping all the current orders monday :)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Just received my pick today! It works great! Thanks to Aedalas for buying me one :)
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Daggers wrote:Just received my pick today! It works great! Thanks to Aedalas for buying me one :)
Heh, hadn't seen you in a while. Was hoping you hadn't given up on picking with that on the way.

Got mine today too, tried em out and they're pretty nice. I was afraid the handles would be a bit odd for me as I don't really hold my picks the way you do and the cutouts were pretty much designed on your style. Turns out I had nothing to worry about, the bottom cutout is essentially decoration but the top works with the way I hold them just fine.I love the thickness (.0246" as far as I can tell, see below), nice and slim for the harder keyways but thick enough to lend some strength. I have to say I'm very pleased with them, you do great work.

Also, a little more of a review/advertisement. If you're a member there vote that shit up and add your own thoughts.
Last edited by Aedalas on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

I get alot of comments (before they have been tested by the commenter) that "the handles are designed for my grip" well... thats not really true... they are just erganomic in general... it gives you more surface to pull and/or push aginst... the way I show in the bogota vid I did was simply showing how you can hold them in a similar fashion to the origional bogotas... that is in no way how I hold them when SPPing... I shoucl do a vid... picking some locks just showing where my hands roam... as they roam everywhere...
as you see from aedalas' comment above that even though he used a different grip, he still found the cutout useful... I can even imagine someone choaking up on the pick so much that they are almost entirely on the shaft and dont even feel the cutouts... they are there to assist... weather you use them is up to the specific instance... I cannot dare say that they will be helpful in everysituation (they may even hinder in a few situations) but ... it is what it is... I really look forward to all your love/hate remarks

while i dont know what reddit is... i do appreciate the lil ad there... :) and thanks, I added your comment to the website (lemme kno if you dont approve)
http://www.clifflockpicks.com/testimonials.php
although I dont know what you measured to get your 0.046" as the metal started at 0.02" making it near 0.0185" give or take after its been sanded
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Typo, checked again and got the same as last .0246, calipers weren't zeroed right. Fixed that and rechecked, got .02 right on. Checked on the micrometer and I'm getting .0195 so something is still off here. I'll recalibrate when i'm not tired as hell. May want to fix that on your site though, we know it was wrong but somebody looking to buy might not. Also so I don't look totally incompetent. :P

As for Reddit, the site is fucking huge though you would never tell from my post. There are several thousand readers subscribed to that subreddit though, even if they aren't upvoting they will see the post title.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 am

I received mine today, thanks.
Having engraved sequential set number "001" will be a nice addition to the pick collection.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 am

I got my picks yesterday. I tried them out briefly and I am very impressed. I'm debating trying to put heat shrink on them, the handles are larger than the others I have. I will do a video tonight if I have time.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 am

Half inch heat shrink should still work fine
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 am

Ok, I was probably using 3/8 or 5/16 on HPC and Sparrows picks. I will see what I have.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 pm

I have a ton of black 1/2" somewhere... my heat gun killed itself so i stopped using it... if I can find it ill let ya kno...
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Got my 3 picks yesterday. My critique: Pick shape excellent, pick flex very good, handle (hmmm) held the pick upside down and found it to be quite comfortable. I'll need a thicker handle because I prefer the comfort over unhandled picks. A very quality and well engineered design. Thanks.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I have considered making laminated handle pieces to rivit on... but that would raise costs significantly... which is why I have not made them... I do like the rubber coated handles though... and I do want to see how the shrink wrap works with them :)

Im glad you like them... i agree a handle would make them much more comfortable (as always, the thicker the better ;) )
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter