FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mule Tool on DX -

<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Mule Tool on DX -

Figured someone might get an interest out of this. I have a feeling the construction may be poor. I ordered one, and haven't really seen this posted, I just noticed it on a whim. I'll post a review on my site once I get it, along with a genesis of the tool and other iterations. I'd be willing to trade when I get it if someone has others they want to share.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/civil-lock ... lue-146669

:0
<<

eidissenberg

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:48 am

Re: Mule Tool on DX -

What does that tool do?
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 am

Hmm...never noticed that on DX before. Let us know how well it works for you. I have some other under the door tools but, this kills lots of birds with one stone. The design isn't bad actually. I'm curious how much grip you will be able to apply with the "leather" portion on knobs. It should work just fine on lever handles though.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 am

eidissenberg wrote:What does that tool do?

The other common term for this tool is 'under the door' tools. It's shoved under the door, and through very specific (or simple) manipulation, it's used to open the door from the inside. There are some variations of this tool, and it won't work on those types of locks that are locked from the inside (I don't know the right term for those - I overheard it in the chat and have since forgot it) that you would find in an office building, or other environment.

I've been thinking about making an under the door tool for some time and just giving it away for cheap to anyone; it's not like these things are complicated, it's more that discretion is the key thing. Seeing this on DX and the fact it's easily available totally destroys my idea. :(
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 am

Interesting. Just from watchin' vids, I've seen a wide array of under-the-door tools. Each design slightly different.
Haven't seen one like that though. I look forward to hearing more about it when you receive it.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Supplies