FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Steel pins for re-keyable padlocks

<<

grit1

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Steel pins for re-keyable padlocks

Hi All - is anyone aware of a source of small diameter (.092 I think?) anti-drill steel pins that would work in American and Master padlocks? I have looked around a fair amount and nobody seems to make them.

I noticed a post on Reddit with a gutted Kasp re-keyable that appeared to have a steel pin. I'm not sure if they are the same diameter pins as American/Master, but that could be a potential lead.

I have an application with a Master Pro Series with a guarded shackle in an enclosure that prevents most brute force attacks, however it is taking some amateur destructive entry attempts by way of core drilling. I think it would be fun to load it up with steel pins to chew up their bits.

Thanks!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Re: Steel pins for re-keyable padlocks

The Kasp I have (19070DX) uses the .115" (normal deadbolt) size pins.

If you want to put in some steel pins, get some music wire from a hardware store (Ace or True Value stock the stuff). Then cut it down to length, shape it with a file in a drill, sand and polish it. You can even use needle files to make them into security pins. Both driver and key pins.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Supplies