FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Spring Cover Plate Help

<<

picksmith101

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 am

Spring Cover Plate Help

Does anybody know if or where i can get cylinder spring cover plates? not the Kwikset caps, but the flat metal cover plate on the top of KIK cylinders and mortise cylinders? i cant seem to find any and i want to have access to the pin chambers to modify them for challenge locks. Any help appreciated!
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Spring Cover Plate Help

I get mine from the local shop just go in to one and ask.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

picksmith101

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:55 am

Thanks ! ill try that tomorrow. i was hoping to buy a bag of them online somewhere, but i didnent think of that!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:27 am

If you luck out, let me know. I have lots of top covers for Corbin KIKs that you can bend/cut to fit just about any lock.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

picksmith101

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi Jeff - I just got back from my local locksmith / locksmith supply shop with whom ive spent several hundred dollars on pin kits, follower, and misc... they basically blew me off. since im a local business, i always try to support local business. oh well

If you have some plates you would like to spare - i would gladly buy some from you. i just dont know where to get them and even if they are sold. i would guess there not intended to be removed in the first place. i just wanted a few so i can try making some challenge locks, for myself and to give away.

Thanks!! you have my email address and address i think. if you send me a paypal bill , ill gladly pay for them. Thanks!! Michael Snyder :)
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:40 pm

yes, I have your info and will shoot you a message :)
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to Supplies