FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I am confused

<<

jimr

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I am confused

Hi guys and girls.
Well i got some kit off of Wozzlock, thought i would complement it today and went to wicks to get couple of their " Era" locks got the euro cylinder and cylinder lock.
Anyway gets home unpacks the cylinder, manage to pick it with hook " great " took about 10min, decided to try bumping, brought pack of hard rubber washers also to use as bumper buffer, worked a treat opened pretty easy.
Moved onto the euro, picked couple times, first raked to get a false set, then used hook to pick it.

Right had dinner and decided to start again, low and behold i cannot open either of them now and its getting rather frustrating.
Anyone else been here lol.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Re: I am confused

jimr wrote:Hi guys and girls.
Well i got some kit off of Wozzlock, thought i would complement it today and went to wicks to get couple of their " Era" locks got the euro cylinder and cylinder lock.
Anyway gets home unpacks the cylinder, manage to pick it with hook " great " took about 10min, decided to try bumping, brought pack of hard rubber washers also to use as bumper buffer, worked a treat opened pretty easy.
Moved onto the euro, picked couple times, first raked to get a false set, then used hook to pick it.

Right had dinner and decided to start again, low and behold i cannot open either of them now and its getting rather frustrating.
Anyone else been here lol.

been there many times...=) time for a "break" ;)
come back at it when you are fresh,and the rush has worn off,and i am sure you will be on top of your game again.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm not saying you are doing this... but I can get a little to confidant when I have nailed a lock a few times. It's always gonna be the same set-up in the lock and require your full concentration to get it to open.

And like Wiz said, take a break when it gets frustrating and come back to it another time.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Wozzlock wrote:I'm not saying you are doing this... but I can get a little to confidant when I have nailed a lock a few times. It's always gonna be the same set-up in the lock and require your full concentration to get it to open.

And like Wiz said, take a break when it gets frustrating and come back to it another time.

Either you're overconfident or overly focused. Sometimes that happens to me.

You're trying so hard to concentrate that you get all tensed up. Just like any sport that requires manual dexterity (i.e. baseball, snooker, billiards, etc.), it you are too tense - your finesse will suffer for it.

Take a break, beat your head with a hammer, take a shot of whiskey, wiggle your toes, just do anything you can to loosen you up ......and don't try so hard.

It'll come back to you. Just like riding a bike...
;)
<<

jimr

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Ok guys, thanks for the info.
Well today i have been concentrating on the Euro, i have used nothing but the southord small hook and tension tool and have had no problems at all.
Instead of going at it like bull in a china shop i have been ever so gentle just touching the pins really, as for the tension tool, well if i used any less tension the tool would fall out lol, so in all the posts i have read here and on other sites, yes very light tension and feel gently for the pins.
Thanks again all.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:45 pm

That's such good advice Hallis , a cool head always wins the day !
Open Sez Me !

Return to Uber-Noob