FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What's wrong with me?!?

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:01 am

What's wrong with me?!?

My question is, why can't I pick normal pins? I can straight pick the max secutity brass Brinks lock, but I can't pick my master 5, nor rake it. It's prolly just cuz I'm weird, but I thought I might ask.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 am

Re: What's wrong with me?!?

Actually, once you get used to securities it can be very hard to go back to normals. It's a whole different world really. Just take your time with a short hook and rake softly from back to front to get a little more feel on the lock. After a couple times you should set at least one or two pins and it should bring the feeling back to you.
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:26 am

I'm the same mate, I rushed into picking security pins and now normal ones seem a little harder cause I don't get the feedback that security pins give me.

I think for a week I will pick nothing but normal pins to get a feel for them again.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:31 am

I have heard people say the no 5 is tough, and all the ones I own have crazy biting, although I think it is coincidence. Consider that the lock is thicker and the feedback you get from the lock in your hand is less than a smaller padlock like a little brass brinks. It could be because you are used to the sharp click of the brinks false sets you are missing the slight slack the pin sets the master is giving you. Usually the problem is too much tension makes the shearline invisible. I have heard of guys who can pick Medeco's without coders in a couple minutes not being able to pick kwikset deadbolts with 3 pins in under a min. I know it is sometimes frustrating for me to switch to a lock with different security pins after I have spent time on another lock. Stick with it and that sucker will yield. Even if it costs you your sanity. :shock:

Return to Uber-Noob