FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My very first pick....

<<

BigShyne

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 pm

My very first pick....

My first pick, tension wrench, lock and equipment.....

Hair grip
Pen clippy bit
Rusty pliers
Skizzors
Masking tape (to make em look purty...)

Master padlock 130.

Countless hours reading, forgetting and guessing.

Cant wait to progress.x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: My very first pick....

hi BigShyne
do you mean you have picked your first lock or made your first picks?
either way, congratulations!
but don't forget to put up a pic of your 130 in all it's violated glory : ]
<<

BigShyne

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:14 am

Both mate! Started picking a few days ago using home made picks and the only padlock I had...

I can open her in bout 5 mins now. Cant wait to get some proper kit and get stuck in....

This is her wide open.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:25 am

Well done!! You overcame some security pins on your very first pick with some homebrews :D

viewtopic.php?p=40275#p40275

In addition to spools, alot of people don't realize there's actually a serrated pin in most of them.
Granted, it's a very weak serrated pin, but nevertheless, serrated. Usually in the first chamber.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

BigShyne

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am

I thought I was using sloppy tension or wasnt finding the correct binding order!

Even keener now!
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Well done ! opening your first lock is cool , but opening it with equipment you've made yourself just makes the satisfaction you feel , all the better !
Open Sez Me !
<<

BigShyne

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Tbh it was the thing putting me off actually trying in the first place.....

I didnt want to waste money on picks if I couldnt do it and I dont have the equipment to cut and shape metal to make my own.

It was only after reading an "Instructable" on how picks actually work that I realised a bobby pin could crack a lock.

I want some actual picks now. Does anyone have suggestions on what to buy? I want to stick with SSP for now if possible (check me out with the lingo!) I'd ratgee start with a few quality tools and add to it later than get a fully loaded case of tat that wont last....

One love.x
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:07 pm

BigShyne wrote:I want some actual picks now. Does anyone have suggestions on what to buy? I want to stick with SSP for now if possible (check me out with the lingo!) I'd ratgee start with a few quality tools and add to it later than get a fully loaded case of tat that wont last....

I'd suggest just buying two or three hook profiles. You can buy tension wrenches, but you can also make your own which are just as good, for free out of the stainless steel flat wire inserts that come in most windshield wipers. At the top of the page there are some banner ads for vendors who can help you out.

If you decide to make your own, you can get by with just a chainsaw file and some wet/dry sandpaper if you don't want to invest much money in tools. Use hacksaw blades, street sweeper bristles (found in the gutter) or the aforementioned windshield wiper inserts. Total investment: about ten bucks or so.
<<

BigShyne

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks for the info!

I will end up making my own but was after suggestions on what to get now that will help me progress. I was gonna stick with a few hooks but wanted to know what vrand ect....

Keep looking at Southords but read somewhere on here that they are rip offs of another brand. Ive also seen somw Teng picks that look nice but seem to be more aomed at the automotive industry.

Return to Uber-Noob