FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tubular Tension Wrench

<<

m0ose

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Tubular Tension Wrench

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some tubular lock tension wrenches. I've been wanting to try my hand, but I don't wanna fork out the $80 or so, as I'm broke at the moment.

Example:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Zw4JI4cxs[/youtube]
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Tubular Tension Wrench

That doesn't look that hard to make.
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Agreed. However I really don't have the hand nor the supplies to make something of that nature. We'll see if some plans of mine work out with sheet metal and a fabricator...
<<

superlenny

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 am

ahhh perfect, its good you post that video, now i can try to
make one of thos an pick mine :)

Update: WHY we gon this bloody Tumbular locks not
in our door they muuuutch harder to Pick :(
<<

Nostromo

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

That sure looks like the double ended warded pick with two sizes of tubular tension wrenches in the middle that in Eddie the Wire's toolmaking book. You might be able to download a copy at ScribD, or some vendors sell the printed version.

Only place I've ever seen on the internet that sells them is Ideal Creations at http://www.idealcreations.net/ls03.htm. Couldn't find a price.

After you pick the lock, you'll have to hold the pins in place or you'll have to keep picking it. I've heard of clay, paper, and dental floss being used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Nostromo wrote:Only place I've ever seen on the internet that sells them is Ideal Creations at http://www.idealcreations.net/ls03.htm. Couldn't find a price.

$20 :shock:
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:08 pm

If you have a grinder or dremel, a good material might be a stainless steel ruler from wally world.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm

i saw that video before. it looks like with some drain snake and hand files you could do it. wiz told me that all you need is a dowel,some rubber bands,and some wiper inserts (small) and you can pick it. i don't have any real reason or any motivation to pick those tyes of locks,so i never tried it.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage

Return to Uber-Noob