FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ABUS 65/45 picked

<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

ABUS 65/45 picked

picked my first mushroom-loaded lock last night! apparently it has 5 mushroom drivers so i'm excited :D
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: ABUS 65/45 picked

Congratulations. Nice work!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Good job keep it up Congratulations
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 pm

thanks fellas!
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 am

Good job it may be difficult now but soon you will love security pins . Abus have pins that keep unsetting this is what confuses most people cause you might have to set the pins 30 times .
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:05 am

Nice one Psykro! I am not worthy :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am

Exciting shit.... nice job!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Libertyclicks wrote:Nice one Psykro! I am not worthy :)

haha, no way man- u can pick schlages! i just got some in the mail and i am clueless so far on these babies :???:
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:39 pm

psykro wrote:

haha, no way man- u can pick schlages! i just got some in the mail and i am clueless so far on these babies :???:

You can handle security pins. Soon Schlages will be cake for you. I enjoy the three ABUSes I have (55, 83, 84) but for most of my practicing I pin up Schlage cylinders. You will be popping them in no time. Should you manage to find some with spools, they are really stout and I find them much easier in comparison to others.

Schlage tolerances are tighter than most and the keyway can be a learning experience. Get used to picking at a slight angle and realize smooth picks can slip if you don't brace them with a finger. TOK is nearly a must or you will get some odd binding from the tensioner. Sometimes you can pick it but no amount of torque will get the plug to turn...until you gently put some rotation on with a different tensioner at the top of the keyway, so just do that from the start. You will find that the amount of force to get pins to bind will be slightly more than with similar locks form other manufacturers as the pins are beefier. The great fun of them is how crisp the sound of a set pin is. They really are fun to recombinate with some spools of other manufacturers or impossible MACS bitting.
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Josephus wrote:
psykro wrote:

You can handle security pins. Soon Schlages will be cake for you. I enjoy the three ABUSes I have (55, 83, 84) but for most of my practicing I pin up Schlage cylinders. You will be popping them in no time. Should you manage to find some with spools, they are really stout and I find them much easier in comparison to others.

Schlage tolerances are tighter than most and the keyway can be a learning experience. Get used to picking at a slight angle and realize smooth picks can slip if you don't brace them with a finger. TOK is nearly a must or you will get some odd binding from the tensioner. Sometimes you can pick it but no amount of torque will get the plug to turn...until you gently put some rotation on with a different tensioner at the top of the keyway, so just do that from the start. You will find that the amount of force to get pins to bind will be slightly more than with similar locks form other manufacturers as the pins are beefier. The great fun of them is how crisp the sound of a set pin is. They really are fun to recombinate with some spools of other manufacturers or impossible MACS bitting.

hey josephus i need you to put up a post saying "in 5 minutes there will be world peace" cos, u were right! i picked my first schlage oooh yeaah :hbg:
the keyway is tricky for sure, no option but to come in on angle. i usually use BOK, so i shifted to TOK on your advice, it worked so much better. thanks man.
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:07 pm

psykro wrote:hey josephus i need you to put up a post saying "in 5 minutes there will be world peace" cos, u were right! i picked my first schlage oooh yeaah :hbg:
the keyway is tricky for sure, no option but to come in on angle. i usually use BOK, so i shifted to TOK on your advice, it worked so much better. thanks man.

I hereby declare world peace in five minutes.
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Josephus wrote:
psykro wrote:hey josephus i need you to put up a post saying "in 5 minutes there will be world peace" cos, u were right! i picked my first schlage oooh yeaah :hbg:

I hereby declare world peace in five minutes.

Didn't work did it? Damn.
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 am

haha it was worth a shot, guess we will have to keep creating little pockets of peace in a world at war...

Return to Uber-Noob