FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New to picking. Broken lock?

<<

Close1

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:19 pm

New to picking. Broken lock?

Hi recently got myself some tools and a tester padlock just to begin with.
However, my girlfriend thought it would be clever to try and appears to have broken the lock.
I'm just curious if anyone could shed some light on what may have caused it to break? I.e. how it broke etc. I don't think I could take it apart or anything.

Here are two pictures of it:

http://darksmurf.com/pick/20130101_190556.jpg

http://darksmurf.com/pick/20130101_190718.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Edit: made into urls due to size of images
Last edited by Close1 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Close1

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: New to picking. Broken lock?

The pics on this iPad show the images being reduced in size, I hope that's the same for everyone.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Holy giant images Batman! If possible you might want to post thumbnails next time instead of the full size images.

It appears that the plug has cracked across the top. This can be a common issue with cheaper padlocks as the metal used can be quite weak. It can actually be caused just by tensioning the lock so if it has been picked several times it would not be just the fault of your girlfriend ;)
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Close1

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Riyame wrote:Holy giant images Batman! If possible you might want to post thumbnails next time instead of the full size images.

It appears that the plug has cracked across the top. This can be a common issue with cheaper padlocks as the metal used can be quite weak. It can actually be caused just by tensioning the lock so if it has been picked several times it would not be just the fault of your girlfriend ;)

Ahhhh well I don't mind that its broken, felt a bit heated as it unlocked so easily,
Thanks for the feedback.

I've changed the images into urls due to the size

Return to Uber-Noob