FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Dimple pick and plug spnner advice needed

<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 am

Dimple pick and plug spnner advice needed

Hi guys,

First off i just want to ask if i should keep making new posts for my noob questions, or whether I should just have one thread and keep posting in that? I don't want to flood the forum with posts if i don't have to. Also should pick type/ brand questions go in here or in pick reviews, or somewhere else?

Anyway to my question.....

I've been looking at dimple picks, and the only ones in my budget are the GOSO or the SouthOrd sets.

Now i've read some good reviews on the southord's, but nothing really useful about the GOSO. I've also noticed that both sets are nearly exactly the same and that Southord actually sell some GOSO products on there website, such as the GOSO plug spinner. This got me thinking that maybe SouthOrd just get GOSO to make the dimple picks for them, and just stamp their name on the pick?

Anyway if anyone can tell me if there's much difference between the set's it would be a great help, because if the GOSO is as good as the Southord, I'll just buy the cheapest.

I'm also in the market for a plug spinner. i like the look of the Pocket Compact Plug Spinner, but i am concerned that being so small it wont be powerful enough, so does anyone have any experience with this tool?

All your input will be greatly appreciated :ubfucked:
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Dimple pick and plug spnner advice needed

The only thing i can really comment on here is that is OK to make a new thread for all your new noob questions, That way people won't get confused thinking it's just a new reply to an old post.

You can use your own judgment on where you place your post's, in the worst case, it can always be moved later mate.

Check out, http://www.uklockpickers.co.uk/oscommerce/catalog/

I'm pretty sure he has supplied alot of the dimple picks around here, or send him a message with your dimple related question.

Plug Spinners? not sure buddy i don't own one.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 am

The goso dimple picks are 100% identical to the southord ones, minus the logo. Like many own brand foods, they even come from the same factory. With southord you're just paying for the name.

As for plug spinners, I recently bought the ICL one and it's very good. The "pocket" spinners do the exact same job but they're very overpriced and I doubt you could repair them as easily. The gun type ones like the klom are supposedly very good aswell but they're very bulky and I'm not keen on that design myself. Cheap though.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 02, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah i really don't fancy the gun type spinners so I'm happy to pay a little extra for a pocket spinner. I'll take a look at the ICL one now. Thanks for the heads up.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 02, 2011 8:31 am

I own a Rytan plug spinner and I love it. If you are going to be doing any bumping though, before you buy a plug spinner look into the spinner that has the bump key attachment.

Return to Uber-Noob