FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What lock to pick?

<<

Odindris

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:10 pm

What lock to pick?

So i was having trouble on the master lock but since ive read/ watched the info on binding order i can get it everytime, its too easy now lol. Alot of great info and knowledgeable ppl here. Any suggestions on practice locks after a no 3 master? thanks

[Edit: Thread moved from "Member's Say Hi" section to Uber-Noob. Members Say Hi section is for introductions only! - HC]
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Members Say Hi

I think I would move on to Kwiksets, not the ones installed on your doors though, then I would move up to Schlage, practice on every lock you can get your hands on, as long as it's yours and not in use.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 am

Re: What lock to pick?

I would say have a crack at whatever lock you have, if your up to speed with your binding pin's and think you have nailed..
any lock on hand is a great lock to try and pick.... you can always drop back a notch or two if you have to, but just have a red hot go.....
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Odindris

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Yeh I've just been gathering up whatever I had, couple masters and a chinese one. The master no3 I have down to nothing but I've been at this master 136t for like 3 days now lol. Seems like it would be easy but I'm having some trouble determining the bind order of the pins and the key pins sticking alot.
<<

Odindris

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 am

Wow finallly I cracked that damn master 136t! It was such a pain in the ass bc it is precision drilled so it is extremellllyyy touchy. So ive gotten a master 3, a master 136t, a brinks 151-5, a brinks 151-4, and some Chinese one down to nothing. Im feeling good at this point with my feel for the locks. Been at it for 2 weeks now. Any suggestions as to what locks I should get / aim for now?

Alot of what I have learned is from here so thanks for the help guys, and from wiz youtube vids, you do a great job on those vids bro.
Last edited by Odindris on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:21 am

Odindris wrote:Wow finallly I cracked that damn master 136t! It was such a pain in the ass bc it is precision drilled so it is extremellllyyy touchy. So ive gotten a master 3, a master 136t, a brinks 151 5 pin, a brinks 151 4 pin, and some Chinese one down to nothing. Im feeling good at this point with my feel for the locks. Been at it for 2 weeks now. Any suggestions as to what locks I should get / aim for now?

Alot of what I have learned is from here so thanks for the help guys, and from wiz youtube vids, you do a great job on those vids bro.

Ok, now go for any of the American 1100, 1200 and 5200 Series.
<<

Odindris

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:57 pm

ok so i just went out and got an american 1106 and an american 5260, i love the fact that they are rekeyable, should be a fun challenge lol. Any tips / pointers?
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Odindris wrote:ok so i just went out and got an american 1106 and an american 5260, i love the fact that they are rekeyable, should be a fun challenge lol. Any tips / pointers?

Just go slow and FEEL what is going on. The serrated drivers you will feel kind of a click, click then another click and the plug will turn a very small amount when you get it set. You will get em!!
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey Odindris

As far as other locks, check to see if you have a lock Restore (http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore.aspx). I found a lot of great basic locks here and they were cheap. At my local store, random rim cylinders were 50 cents a piece, full sets without keys were $2 and with keys were $5. Great place to pick up a lot of stuff for cheap.

KokomoLock really hit the nail on the head with his tip. Hang around here, talk to the great people, and you will be popping it before long!

Ed
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Odindris wrote:ok so i just went out and got an american 1106 and an american 5260, i love the fact that they are rekeyable, should be a fun challenge lol. Any tips / pointers?

Light pressure, and use top of keyway tension.
<<

Odindris

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks Good tips... I made a wrench for top keyway bc my others left something to be desired lol. So I have the 1106 down pretty good I can feel exactly what is going on. The 5260 on the other Hand is a bit harder but I like challenges, I'll get it soon espicaly with the help of you guys. Thanks again for the advice guys.

Return to Uber-Noob