FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

i did it !!!

<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:37 am

i did it !!!

After weeks of trying to pick this lock http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... g&newest=1 i finally did it!!! it was such a great feeling its hard to describe :fu: .While trying different methods with no success i became frustrated and opened the lock forgetting it was open i went to pick and i spp'd it open 3 times in 5 mins for some reason i can only pick it with the shackle open (if any one knows the reason could you please inform me ) when the shackles closed the pins become harder to set and require "heavy" tension to keep them from slipping but the first pin never sets it kind of sets on its own if enough of the others are set i suspect it has a defect since this is my third of this brand and it had one problem or another i am getting an real master 930 and and dumping this lock any suggestions on any other good locks for beginners? i heard brinks was good maybe an American 1100 perhaps?
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 am

Re: i did it !!!

it is the best feeling in the wourld at the time like when i poped my 8 pin bilock i couldent belive it lol
great job mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:25 am

bezza1 wrote:it is the best feeling in the wourld at the time like when i poped my 8 pin bilock i couldent belive it lol

Thanks alot :smile: , an 8 pin bilock! you must be pretty good hope i develop skills like that someday how long have you been picking?
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:56 am

dragonkingx wrote:
bezza1 wrote:it is the best feeling in the wourld at the time like when i poped my 8 pin bilock i couldent belive it lol

Thanks alot :smile: , an 8 pin bilock! you must be pretty good hope i develop skills like that someday how long have you been picking?

about 2 years what about
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:27 am

about 2 years what about[/quote]
You got that good in 2 years thats great! , hope i can get to bi lock level someday i been at it for 2 months and picked about 4 locks
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 am

dragonkingx wrote:about 2 years what about

You got that good in 2 years thats great! , hope i can get to bi lock level someday i been at it for 2 months and picked about 4 locks[/quote]
do you have any master locks if not get a master #5 , #3 and a master 140
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:56 am

You got that good in 2 years thats great! , hope i can get to bi lock level someday i been at it for 2 months and picked about 4 locks[/quote]
do you have any master locks if not get a master #5 , #3 and a master 140[/quote]
i have an master 3 i can get that open in one rake ill try out the others thanks for the tip
<<

jonnyboy091373

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 am

The reason it may be easier to pick while already open is due to the force the spring in the locking mechanism has on the plug when it is closed. Lock open = less force acting on the plug. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, just got off the night shift lol. As for other locks, brinks are a good way to get used to spool pins. Also try out some dead bolt/door locks, as the bigger pins have a slightly different feel. American 1100 will be great but can be a challenge at first. Congradulations on the picking!
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 am

Great Job dragonkingx!!!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:54 am

jonnyboy091373 wrote:The reason it may be easier to pick while already open is due to the force the spring in the locking mechanism has on the plug when it is closed. Lock open = less force acting on the plug. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, just got off the night shift lol. As for other locks, brinks are a good way to get used to spool pins. Also try out some dead bolt/door locks, as the bigger pins have a slightly different feel. American 1100 will be great but can be a challenge at first. Congradulations on the picking!

Jonny is right, when you pick one of these with the shackle open there is no spring return to counter, so controlling your tension is easier. When you do it with the shackle closed it's exactly the same thing really, just need to use enough tension to counter the spring plus a tiny bit more. You'll get the hang of it!!
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the support i really appreciate it! @ Solomon this lock does not have an return spring to push against it only snaps back when closed . @jonnyboy i plan to work on some deadbolts im just waiting for my vice to arrive and i love that avatar is that an rice crispy treat hes humping? lol
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:13 pm

The return spring is on the cam that turns when you unlock it to allow the ball bearings to release the shackle. It'ss what snaps the lock back when you close the shackle. They can be a real pain, especially on those larger padlocks.

Nice pickin' by the way.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm

great stuff,man!
keep on picking...=)
maybe an abus or something..
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:36 am

Nice work man!!!

Now youv'e nailed that bad boy, time to get into another, but don't get rid of that first lock!!!!!
It will come in handy as a comfort lock (something you can open easy when every other lock seems to hard or just won't open for ya)

Works for me, maybe it will work for you too.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK

Return to Uber-Noob