FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
Hacker Stickers for Security Geeks & Gamers T-Shirts Energy Candy and Hardware UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

<<

Johno

Newbie

Posts: 18

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 am

Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

Hi,

I had a comb pick break inside a padlock today and know I can't get it out of the keyway. The pick broke off from the handle so I have the handle and the pick is stuck fiirmly all the way in the keyway. Any idea how to get the pick out of the padlock keyway?
<<

GutterClown

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

The technical term for this is: fu­cked

A shim up the side of the comb will lift all the pins and allow removal, you may need to bang the lock onto a solid object to remove it.

Do you have any extractors?

What keyway is it.
<<

Johno

Newbie

Posts: 18

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

no i dont have any extractors.

it's an abus 83CS/50 padlock
<<

magician59

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 774

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

I grieve your loss...both of the lock, and of the pick.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Posts: 2070

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Location: Hell

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

Condolences....

An innocent lock's life tragically snuffed out at such an early age. Let us mourn not for the unfortunate LOCK - for it has bravely served its purpose upon the altar of mankind's hubris - but instead, let us mourn for our pitiful selves - prideful, arrogant, and cruelly unyielding.

Like a dutiful servant, the LOCK has served its master well. Ever present and anxious to answer the unceasing call to be picked – it has yielded up and dutifully sacrificed its trembling bowels to the steely tools of its own demise, with nary a cry or whimper.

Let us bow our shameful heads and pray that we the pickers - the lost angels of humanity, doomed and cast asunder from the ethereal heavenly glow of paradise – meet a kinder fate upon the hour of our own sad demise.

T’was ever thus.

And as St. Peter will tell us upon reaching Heaven’s Gate: “FAIL”
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Posts: 106

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

GC hit the nail on the head with the shim idea.

In fact, you should be using a shim when you insert & extract comb picks to avoid this happening.
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Posts: 106

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-hC2oBQG4

show's him using a shim in the last one due to a restricted keyway.
<<

magician59

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 774

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:47 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

HallisChalmers wrote:Condolences....

An innocent lock's life tragically snuffed out at such an early age. Let us mourn not for the unfortunate LOCK - for it has bravely served its purpose upon the altar of mankind's hubris - but instead, let us mourn for our pitiful selves - prideful, arrogant, and cruelly unyielding.

Like a dutiful servant, the LOCK has served its master well. Ever present and anxious to answer the unceasing call to be picked – it has yielded up and dutifully sacrificed its trembling bowels to the steely tools of its own demise, with nary a cry or whimper.

Let us bow our shameful heads and pray that we the pickers - the lost angels of humanity, doomed and cast asunder from the ethereal heavenly glow of paradise – meet a kinder fate upon the hour of our own sad demise.

T’was ever thus.

And as St. Peter will tell us upon reaching Heaven’s Gate: “FAIL”


(Stifling a tear)
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

frantic57744

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

did you manage to fix it,,,? if so all well and good if no do you live in the uk..? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

GutterClown

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:03 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

HallisChalmers wrote:Condolences....

[...]

And as St. Peter will tell us upon reaching Heaven’s Gate: “FAIL”


Have you tried going outside? Sunlight burns at first, but afterwards it can be quite pleasurable.
<<

Johno

Newbie

Posts: 18

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

frantic57744 wrote:did you manage to fix it,,,? if so all well and good if no do you live in the uk..? ;)


no stil lhavent fixed it and I live in Australia
<<

Johno

Newbie

Posts: 18

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:23 am

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

Johno wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:did you manage to fix it,,,? if so all well and good if no do you live in the uk..? ;)


no stil lhavent fixed it and I live in Australia


I'm happy to say that I have now got the borken comb pick out of the lock! I put a hook pick into the keyway and pushed the pins up with the back of it and then used the hook end to rake the comb pick out. presto out it came!
<<

uklockpicker

User avatar

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Posts: 1226

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 7:38 pm

Location: United kindom Uk

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Comb Pick Broke Inside Padlock and I can't get it out!

practice go's a long way in theory ! .. pleased to hear you sorted the problem out :lol:
Image

Return to Uber-Noob

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware