FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ordered a kol electric pick and have southord c005 picks

<<

Johno

Post Fri May 29, 2009 4:46 am

ordered a kol electric pick and have southord c005 picks

Hi,

i have ordered a klom electric pick from uklockpichers (hope it comes soon0 and have a southord c005 pickset and access to an egale manual pick gun. can anybody think of anything else i may need or need to buy?

Cheers

Johno
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 am

Re: ordered a kol electric pick and have southord c005 picks

Johno wrote:Hi,

i have ordered a klom electric pick from uklockpichers (hope it comes soon0 and have a southord c005 pickset and access to an egale manual pick gun. can anybody think of anything else i may need or need to buy?

Cheers

Johno

Two things come to mind:

Tension wrenches of various sizes and lengths. Go to the auto part store and scrounge the trash bins for discarded wipers and snag all you can for the inserts. Take them home and start making tension tools.

Secondly - patience to learn. You can buy a thousand dollars worth of tools and gadgets - but without the patience to learn how to pick locks properly, you'll never acquire the skill needed to pick locks. Bump keys and pickguns are all well and good and have their place, but without proper lockpicking skills, you'll get bored pretty quick. It's no big deal to bump a lock or use a pickgun - the skilled picker learns the first basic skill, which is single pin picking.
<<

uklockpicka

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:20 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
Johno wrote:Hi,

Cheers

Johno

Two things come to mind:

Tension wrenches of various sizes and lengths. Go to the auto part store and scrounge the trash bins for discarded wipers and snag all you can for the inserts. Take them home and start making tension tools.

Secondly - patience to learn. You can buy a thousand dollars worth of tools and gadgets - but without the patience to learn how to pick locks properly, you'll never acquire the skill needed to pick locks. Bump keys and pickguns are all well and good and have their place, but without proper lockpicking skills, you'll get bored pretty quick. It's no big deal to bump a lock or use a pickgun - the skilled picker learns the first basic skill, which is single pin picking.

couldnt agree more HC, all the gadets do have there place altough I would sugest to any beginner learn single pin picking first ( SPP ), it gives you a much better knowledge of how locks work and will probilies make learning to use gadets alot easier. : ) ( SPP ) IS THE KEY....
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat May 30, 2009 4:01 am

SPP is a method of opening locks.

Raking, Bumping, Rapping, and Shimming are also valid methods of opening a lock. Don't focus too much on any of these methods, if you rely too heavily on one method as your generic "WIN" solution, you'll eventually find a lock that will refuse to open.
While SPP will open a great deal of locks, some mechanisms, and indeed some unique cylinders, will require other techniques.

Spread your techniques and methods around. Learn a little about everything, and build your skills up equally.
<<

dextron5000

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:24 am

GutterClown wrote:SPP is a method of opening locks.

Raking, Bumping, Rapping, and Shimming are also valid methods of opening a lock. Don't focus too much on any of these methods, if you rely too heavily on one method as your generic "WIN" solution, you'll eventually find a lock that will refuse to open.
While SPP will open a great deal of locks, some mechanisms, and indeed some unique cylinders, will require other techniques.

Spread your techniques and methods around. Learn a little about everything, and build your skills up equally.

i am familliar with raking, shimming and bumping, but i have no idea what 'rapping' a lock is, im pretty curious to know. and bumping a lock is only possible if you have a spare key right? well if somebody asks you to open a lock for them, what are the odds they have a spare key for you to shave down and bump with? thanks in advance ;)
Arguing on forums is like running in the special olympics,
even if you win, you're still retarded.

Return to Uber-Noob