FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

how to pick this

<<

WarrenC

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:36 pm

how to pick this

So I have this 71/40 Brady Lock. The keyway is smaller than all the youtube videos I've seen so I'm having problems getting a pick in there that doesn't overset that one pin (see bitting). The pick does not fit from the bottom, so I'm working off the warding. Any tips to get this thing open. My smallest picks are 0.015. I've tried front to back, back to front finding the binders. I can get a false set but the remaining pins are either springy or solid, which I guess indicates an overset. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

least

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Re: how to pick this

Hi,
maybe you could try SSDev hooks from Sparrows; they are available in 0.015 and helped me to get through some nasty stuff...

As for the overset - if it indeed is an overset, try gradually releasing the tension - you might get the overset pin to jump up (to shearline, if you are lucky).
Also note that the set pins quite often feel a bit springy too, then the amount of the "give" should indicate if it is set or not.
Kind regards,

Michal

Return to Uber-Noob