FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock Terminology

<<

m0ose

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Lock Terminology

I got this idea from Happykill here on the forums. He said he wanted a dictionary of terms, so here we go. :P

Please submit any Lock/smith/picking terminology you know of in a reply and I will add it to the list.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:13 am

Re: Lock Terminology

Here's an easier way of doing it:

http://www.locksoft.com/gloscopy.htm
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:57 am

Moose, man! I can scan the glossary I have and email them to you so you can post them here! This is a good idea though!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:54 am

Associated Locksmith Of America
http://www.stamhost.com/aloa/gloss_a.htm

Builder's Hardware & Manufacturers Association
http://www.buildershardware.com/glossary_general.html
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 am

Nice! I am not sure. Do you guys think I should start copy and pasting and creating a hybrid list custom to our little abode, or should I just post this links and say "Fuck it, they already did it better?"
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:42 am

m0ose wrote:Nice! I am not sure. Do you guys think I should start copy and pasting and creating a hybrid list custom to our little abode, or should I just post this links and say "**ck it, they already did it better?"

Let me get with Lew and see what he thinks. This may be something we may consider adding as a separate topic, etc.

I'll talk to the Big Boss Man and the other mods and see what their thoughts are.

Will advise.
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:46 am

Ok, just to be fair on other forums i have to say that we already have this within the locksport community.

Over at lockpickology there is a locksmith term dictionary, Compfx Created it and myself and a few other guys helped move things from place to place which then resulted me being a moderator of the dictionary.

I'd feel bad if everyone stared posting them all here when compx spent hours of his time setting everything up over there.

It's up to you if you would like to carry on with this thread or not but i just need to make it clear that i am not ripping work from other peoples forums.

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am

Lockylew wrote:Ok, just to be fair on other forums i have to say that we already have this within the locksport community.

Over at lockpickology there is a locksmith term dictionary, Compfx Created it and myself and a few other guys helped move things from place to place which then resulted me being a moderator of the dictionary.

I'd feel bad if everyone stared posting them all here when compx spent hours of his time setting everything up over there.

It's up to you if you would like to carry on with this thread or not but i just need to make it clear that i am not ripping work from other peoples forums.

Lew

I wouldn't specifically "rip" work from other forums, but I was more saying having our own or not. Honestly, even if we just use this thread for linking to the others on the net it will still do it's job.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:51 pm

"A" is for Ahh shit , that was my best pick !
Open Sez Me !
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:28 pm

nozza36 wrote:"A" is for Ahh Sh!t , that was my best pick !

Oh so true. :P

Also, as a note, been kinda busy, I'm going to denote this thread to linking the links linked. There's no sense in making our own, especially when other have done it better.

So, if you know of a website with dedicated terminology section, post it here. It'll be kinda cool to compare lists and see what's there, or what's not.

Return to Uber-Noob