FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Oxford hardcore

<<

Englishjim

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:53 am

Oxford hardcore

Does any member know how to pick an oxford hardcore padlock ?
It is a disc detainer lock with a egg timer key hole
I have tried to use a front and back tension pick,but neither will work to get tension.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jim
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Oxford hardcore

How many discs does it have? It looks to me like rear tension would work for sure. Does the front disc spin freely? Does it rotate more than 90 degrees? There are many nasty little things that some lock makers have put inside their disc detainer locks but this one ostensibly looks pretty generic.
<<

decsec

Post Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Englishjim wrote:I have tried to use a front and back tension pick,but neither will work to get tension.

I don't believe that there are dd locks on the market, where you can't apply tension. You need at least one disc ( usually the last disc at the bottom ) to apply tension with your key.

huxleypig wrote:Does the front disc spin freely? Does it rotate more than 90 degrees?

Most dd locks have a free spinning disc on the fist position ( drill protection ). Or do you mean first disc below the drill protection disc ?
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:44 pm

decsec wrote:
Englishjim wrote:I have tried to use a front and back tension pick,but neither will work to get tension.

I don't believe that there are dd locks on the market, where you can't apply tension. You need at least one disc ( usually the last disc at the bottom ) to apply tension with your key.

huxleypig wrote:Does the front disc spin freely? Does it rotate more than 90 degrees?

Most dd locks have a free spinning disc on the fist position ( drill protection ). Or do you mean first disc below the drill protection disc ?

I mean the first actual code disc, not any anti-drill plates. Most of the generic 7 disc cheapo ones don't even have those.

In particular I was wondering what mechanism it was in there. So the Abus X-Plus would have butterfly discs at the front and the rear which would rotate more than 90 degrees (but still both be 0 cuts) to stop you tensioning the lock (and having the tension disc be in the right place).

Millenco have a type of disk blocking system in their disc detainer that stops you moving anything until the key is fully inserted.

Both the Abus and Millenco look similar to what pictures I can find for the Oxford Hardcore. But I am guessing that it will be cheap and that if by some miracle they have not made the front disc a 0, then the back one will be for sure.

Return to Uber-Noob