FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master number 3 Bypass

<<

OldSalt

Post Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Master number 3 Bypass

i must be slower than the average bear, I can rake a #3 in no time but when I try to use the two sparrows by pass I seem to be missing something. It says all I should have to do is gently shake it and I have to be the worst shaker or worse yet I missed the holes, Anyone go a lock cut open so I can see what I am trying to do?
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 am

Re: Master number 3 Bypass

It takes time and practice to get these tools to work. Everyone had the same first experiance but this goes with every tool including picks. Once you get it, you can use it on about 80% of master locks but honestly I regret buying the set because they rake faster lol
<<

Lauren

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:27 am

I recommend you learn to do both (bypass and picking). It's easy to have bias with one technique over the other when our brains have to remember extra steps. I can bypass a lock faster than picking. Of course, it's easy to have bias when I'm the inventor of such tools. Also, (as mentioned earlier) bypass is limited to certain locks. I can't get the technique to work on the "COMMERCIAL" models or the re-key-able padlocks that require a stamp to shear the pins.

Best of luck,

Lauren.
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:15 am

When you asked in an earlier post about whether the Sparrows Master Switch worked on a Master #1, I'm the one who sent a pic of the bypassed Master#1. What I didn't tell you was that the first Master #1 I pulled out of my "box o' locks" wouldn't open with the bypass. I had to dig around for another one to find a winner.

Papa Gleb is right...the bypass works on about 80% of Master #1 and #3 locks. I have also found that if you can't pick it, then the bypass won't work either.

Good luck!
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 am

It's for a different Master lock and different tools, but this thread may be of use:
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=11274

Return to Uber-Noob