FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I-Core practice lock?

<<

mrw

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 pm

I-Core practice lock?

I sure hope this isnt a lame question cause I dont even know if its possible considering how they are made, but does anyone here have an idea if it would be possible to cut an I-Core (a BEST for example) open to be able to see the pins while practicing? I have a few cut aways but not with multiple sheerlines... would be cool to have one with a masterline,control line and the regular one...

Have you heard of someone making them/selling one, can anyone on the board make one for me? Or make a tutorial on how to create one, what type of machine is needed and so on... Im off course willing to pay for your time and material.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Re: I-Core practice lock?

MRW: Go to this website http://mitchcapper.com/category/general/

Mitch Capper has a great website showing how he does his cutaways, tools needed, etc. He may be able to steer you in the right direction.

If you are a machinist, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do. But like anything else in life - if you want to be good at something, have the best tools you can afford and the patience and skill to use them.
<<

mrw

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks!, I am in contact with Mitch now, and we are trying to work something out, he says it can indeed be done but its difficult.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am

mrw wrote:Thanks!, I am in contact with Mitch now, and we are trying to work something out, he says it can indeed be done but its difficult.

Man, let us know how that progresses. Maybe he'll be kind enough to post some of his work on Keypicking. (woohoo)
<<

mrw

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am

Ill keep us up to date on the progress on this project, today I sent him 6 BEST i-cores to testcut he will get them on monday night, then hopefully I can get some pictures or something for us to look at.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:54 am

mrw wrote:Ill keep us up to date on the progress on this project, today I sent him 6 BEST i-cores to testcut he will get them on monday night, then hopefully I can get some pictures or something for us to look at.

Excellent! He does some beautiful work on his cut-a-ways. He's a real craftsman and very talented.

Return to Uber-Noob