FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tention Trouble with a few Master's

<<

Merchant

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:30 am

Tention Trouble with a few Master's

I acquired a few master locks recently, both in good shape, but I can't seem to get any good tension on either. To give a little background to my skill level and tools, I have been practicing for 3 or so months now, I'm able to SPP almost every 4 pin tumble I run in to, and have been working on some Master 140's and gotten past these spool pins in those. I have a small Peterson pick set (Gov steel/plastic handles) and I have a Sparrows set as well.

The first is a Master M1. I don't have a key for it, and it seems in decent condition. I was able to open it once, but I didn't feel much as far as pins actually setting, besides the first pin. My big problem seems to be I feel I need to apply an excessive amount of tension to feel anything set inside the lock. I've used both bottom and top of the keyway tension. Everything I have found suggests this is a lock I should be able to get into no problem.

The second lock is a Master M532 "changeable Keyway" or whatever. It's a wafer lock, and like the M1 I can't seem to get anything to set. Tried both top and bottom tension as well.

Any suggestions guys?

--Thanks
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:49 am

Re: Tention Trouble with a few Master's

The M532 has a sidebar and is not a typical lock dur to the "smartkey" technology. Not even sure it's pickable.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=8931&p=80133&hilit=master+M532#p80133

I'm sure the Maestro's will be along shortly to give you some better insight.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Tention Trouble with a few Master's

Man good luck with the M532. I have the same one and gave up on it for a while.

Return to Uber-Noob