FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

American padlock security wafers?

<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:32 pm

American padlock security wafers?

Hi Guys,
I wasn't sure where the right spot to post this was so I figured I would ask 2 questions here.

1-Where can I buy the security wafers for American padlocks to prevent bypassing?
I haven't had any luck finding them online but maybe I'm using the wrong terminology?

2-Where would have been the best place to post question number 1?

Thanks!
Dave
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

Deadlock

User avatar

Active Member

Posts: 369

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Location: England

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

What you wanna search for is Anti-bypass wafers. That'll get the answers you want.
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Thanks for the tip Deadlock!
Unfortunately the company I found wants lots of money to ship them to me.
So naturally I wrote them an email requesting that they ship it to me cheaper:)
Now to wait and see if they reply.
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Posts: 326

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Location: AZ, USA

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:27 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?

DCT wrote:Thanks for the tip Deadlock!
Unfortunately the company I found wants lots of money to ship them to me.
So naturally I wrote them an email requesting that they ship it to me cheaper:)
Now to wait and see if they reply.




I have found some success reminding companies that USPS charges $5.85 to mail a small pkg priority mail
The security wafers i have block the end of the cylinder and I got mine from IDN-WEST
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Thanks Jones,
Those are the ones I'm looking for.
On the IDN-West site it seems like I need to have an account with them to make a purchase.
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Posts: 2016

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Location: Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:24 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?

jones wrote:
DCT wrote:Thanks for the tip Deadlock!
Unfortunately the company I found wants lots of money to ship them to me.
So naturally I wrote them an email requesting that they ship it to me cheaper:)
Now to wait and see if they reply.




I have found some success reminding companies that USPS charges $5.85 to mail a small pkg priority mail
The security wafers i have block the end of the cylinder and I got mine from IDN-WEST


Unfortunately that is for USA only. A small flat rate to Canada is $22. If a member had a couple spares they could tape them to a piece of paper and send them letter mail for a stamp.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

innerpicked

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 68

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:06 am

Location: California

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:25 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?

(21:42:51) PhoneMan: restraints? the GF and I do those
(21:42:59) PhoneMan: wait, um...
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:49 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Riyame wrote:Unfortunately that is for USA only. A small flat rate to Canada is $22. If a member had a couple spares they could tape them to a piece of paper and send them letter mail for a stamp.


Yeah I had this silly idea that the company would throw 50 of them in an envelope and mail them for $5-$10 :)

If someone had extras I would happily reimburse for both cost and shipping expense.
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 am

Re: American padlock security wafers?



That's the one!
They have been politely emailed requesting a cheaper shipping option.
It has worked for me before with other companies :)
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

Doogs

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 489

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 pm

Location: Gananoque, ON, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Hey DCT I'll check my locks and see if they have one if so I'll send it along and you can easily make your own once you have something to copy.

ETA: Yep I have one PM your addy and I'll throw it in an envelope for you. Also I'm going to my locksmiths this week to see about keys for my Keymark and I believe they sell Americans. I'll find out if they can get the wafers.

Image
Last edited by Doogs on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Posts: 326

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Location: AZ, USA

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

DCT wrote:Thanks Jones,
Those are the ones I'm looking for.
On the IDN-West site it seems like I need to have an account with them to make a purchase.



Yes they like to pretend that they sell to locksmiths only
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Doogs wrote:Hey DCT I'll check my locks and see if they have one if so I'll send it along and you can easily make your own once you have something to copy.

ETA: Yep I have one PM your addy and I'll throw it in an envelope for you. Also I'm going to my locksmiths this week to see about keys for my Keymark and I believe they sell Americans. I'll find out if they can get the wafers.

Image


Thank you very much Doogs!
PM coming your way.
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

jones wrote:
DCT wrote:Thanks Jones,
Those are the ones I'm looking for.
On the IDN-West site it seems like I need to have an account with them to make a purchase.



Yes they like to pretend that they sell to locksmiths only


Well, to their credit they had me convinced! :)

What kind of hoops do I have to jump through and would it be easier to just make them myself ? ;)
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Posts: 326

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Location: AZ, USA

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

DCT wrote:
jones wrote:
DCT wrote:Thanks Jones,
Those are the ones I'm looking for.
On the IDN-West site it seems like I need to have an account with them to make a purchase.



Yes they like to pretend that they sell to locksmiths only


Well, to their credit they had me convinced! :)

What kind of hoops do I have to jump through and would it be easier to just make them myself ? ;)



Being that Your company is located in Canada, they may not make you jump through too many hoops.

If you are just looking for like 5 wafers I would mail them to you. I'd want a buck apiece for them plus shipping, or the cost to send a letter
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: American padlock security wafers?

Thank you Jones for the kind offer!
Doogs has already agreed to help me out.
I will still keep everyone posted regarding what, if anything, I hear back from the email request I sent to Mr.Lock.
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
Next

Return to Uber-Noob

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware