FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My latest Additions..

<<

mseifert

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:05 pm

My latest Additions..

Since I had burned through the lock available at my local big box store.. I found a locksmith in town that deals in High Security locks (Abus, Medeco,etc.. ) and paid them a visit .. I told them I was into lockpicking as a hobby and I was looking for something slightly more difficult than what I could pick up at Home Depot or Wal-Mart..

After a few probing questions about my picking style.. what types of picks I used ..etc.. He sold me a Abus 28/70 Diskus lock .. He also explained that they don't pick/bump them because it takes to long .. They just drill them .. Which he explained had to be done correctly or you will damage the cam and will not be able to open it..

Well with my trusty Med Hook :shorthook: and a tension I set after this allusive lock .. On my first session, with tools that are a little too big for the key way it, and a couple resets ....took me about 30 mins to get it open ..

Plus side .. I get to make some new tools.. and I have a descent look to hone my security pin talents on ..

P.S. - I love this lock, it is my first semi-high security lock .. I will lock and unlock it several times .. I love the weight and the solid sound it make when actuated.. I would say that makes me a freak but I am sure there are some other people here who feel the same way about a lock they own .. At least I hope so ..
When I finally leave this world.. Will someone please tell my wife what I have REALLY spent on locks ...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: My latest Additions..

Congrats on clearing a new hurdle!

When you decide to go shopping for high security locks again, I'd suggest browsing the Buy-Sell_Trade forum here viewforum.php?f=49 , you'll find better prices than what you'll usually get from a locksmith. http://www.securitysnobs.com also has some good prices in their "collectors" area.
<<

mseifert

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Re: My latest Additions..

Thanks .. I will start there next time ..
When I finally leave this world.. Will someone please tell my wife what I have REALLY spent on locks ...

Return to Your Lock Collections