FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

FGarci03's Locks

<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:15 pm

FGarci03's Locks

Hey guys!

I decided to put my collection together and take photos of it.
I was inspired by MrAnybody's method (hope you dont mind I copy you :fu:) and uploaded it all to ImgUr.

So I divided my collection in 2 parts.

1. My permanent Collection - The locks I want to really have here, and are not up for trade or sale (this isn't, of course, iron clad. I can change my heart depending on the offer). You will notice some really cheap locks here too. I know it may sound strange, but I don't only collect expensive and/or exotic locks. I am a little picky and I also like to have very common locks like kwikset and schlage. Also locks with weird "Technologies", not necessarily expensive and/or rare. Yeah, that's me... The weirdo :mrgreen:

2. Surplus Locks - These are the locks that I might be willing to trade and or sell. It doesn't mean I'm willing to do it now, many of them still have to fall to the wrath of my picks before I let go of them. But they aren't the ones I am considering to keep for eternity!

More locks are yet to come, I'm waiting for some fun stuff. Others I still didn't take photos becuse I haven't cutted keys for them (you may notice that on my permanent collection ALL have keys) or didn't find them when I took the photos, and will wait untill my next photo session.

So the link is he........WAIT FOR IT.......re! HERE!

Have fun!

Filipe

P.S. - I will be VERY thankfull to anyone who can fill the lack of info there is on some locks. I will even be MORE thankfull to whoever corrects info that might be wrong. Please let me know, ok? :mrgreen:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: FGarci03's Locks

fgarci03 wrote:Hey guys!

I was inspired by MrAnybody's method (hope you dont mind I copy you :fu:) and uploaded it all to ImgUr.

Wonderful job you done there, my friend. Great light box technique.

It's really cool that you got some inspiration from mine. And I think I could improve mine now I see yours :smile: The angle you took the pics from is better I think. You got a better light balance too.

Really cool locks, my friend.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Nice locks! Some of those look familiar :D
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Nice!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law of Prediction
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Nice locks, I want your GEGE!!!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm

MrAnybody wrote:
fgarci03 wrote:Hey guys!

Wonderful job you done there, my friend. Great light box technique.

It's really cool that you got some inspiration from mine. And I think I could improve mine now I see yours :smile: The angle you took the pics from is better I think. You got a better light balance too.

Really cool locks, my friend.

Thanks MrA!

But I gotta be honest with ya, I prefer the angles you took the pics.
And the lighting was just pure luck. I actually know shit about taking pictures. I just used my sister's camera and my "lightbox" is:

LOL lame, I know. I opened a window to allow daylight (NOT direct sunlight) to enter the room. And left all the work (automatic flash and focus) for the camera to calculate..

jeffmoss26 wrote:Nice locks! Some of those look familiar :D

Haha they do, don't they?´
Just gotta LOVE dat Everest! One of my favourites :mrgreen:

xeo wrote:Nice locks, I want your GEGE!!!

I got this one from ARF-GEF. Beautifull piece of work by KABA!

I know this is very small compared tou you all, but it's a start :drool:
Thanks
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Great collection and photos have you picked the double bitted safe in the back ground :ugeek: please do tell ?? as I have a real interesting way to open these if not !
a real simple tool can be made for these :D lever locks
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Still haven't picked it. I have a couple wires but I bent them to small for this lock a while ago, and still didn't have the patiente to make new ones :razz:

Please do tell! I'm thinking about simple tools that can work well. I don't really like to pick these with wires, as they keep getting out of place :whip:
- GWiens2001
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

This safe was made for lock pickers they left a gap between lock and the door and then left a hole in the lock above the key hole to the top left to insert wire .
check it out

remove the lock from the door to make your wire it needs to have the correct angle or bend to do this you will find you have to lift one lever at a time till fully inserted
when lock as been bolted back on.... then just a L SHAPED wire needed... fun :D

WIRES REQUIRED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

phrygianradar

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Nice looking collection! I just wish that it included the locks that I tried to send you... I will get them to you! I still can't believe they went all the way there and then all the way back!!! Next time I know the proper way to send them.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 am

Thanks 10ringo10. I'll be sure to give that a go!

@phrygianradar: That was a funny story indeed haha :mrgreen:
- GWiens2001
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 am

Lock PoooOOOOoooorn!!! :D Great photos, really. Nice job.

Sat down with a cup of coffee and slowly scrolled through these beautiful locks... good times.
Thanks so much for putting it all together and sharing. I know it can be very time consuming.
I very much look forward to seeing the additions as they come in :spinning:

fgarci03 wrote:....You will notice some really cheap locks here too. I know it may sound strange, but I don't only collect expensive and/or exotic locks. I am a little picky and I also like to have very common locks like kwikset and schlage. Also locks with weird "Technologies", not necessarily expensive and/or rare. Yeah, that's me... The weirdo :mrgreen:
There's a fair amount of my collection that is also comprised of some rather cheap and/or knock-off brand locks.
For me, I suppose some of it has to do with the timeline. Seeing the progressions along the way is kinda neat I guess.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:07 pm

3 new additions to my collection!

Actually, only 2, this one was already sitting there for a long time, I just didn't take a picture:
http://imgur.com/a/TJ5m9#36

Here's a Dexter core: http://imgur.com/a/TJ5m9#35
Nothing too special, but I really like the Name on the key!

And a beutifull EVVA DPS thumbturn euro cylinder!
http://imgur.com/a/TJ5m9#34

First EVVA I ever own :mrgreen:

Have fun!
- GWiens2001
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:42 pm

The AGC... like the one you sent me :mrgreen:

EVVA... she's beautiful! Congrats!!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:29 am

The EVVA DPS is a fun lock. Was a bit surprised that the sidebar is entirely passive. Just ignore it when you are picking the lock. My first EVVA was a DPS with the older key bow.

Like my AGC, too. :mrgreen:

Filipe's been hooking us up!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
Next

Return to Your Lock Collections