FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The MrAnybody Collection

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 am

Re: The MrAnybody Collection

MrAnybody wrote:I had a very cool padlock with a surprise arrived in the mail today. If anyone can give me any date, history or any details on this, that would be a real bonus.

Here's my original post links to the whole collection.

Enjoy, enjoy ..... :hbg:

MrAnybody - certainly did "Enjoy, enjoy". Beautiful.

This writeup is for another French lock in my collection. It is a lever lock, but has the same shackle latching mechanism. Still looking for more info on my lock, too. Did find out that the SGDG stands for "Sans Garantie du Gouvernement" (Without guarantee of government). That bit of info came from TeamStarlett over on 'the other site'.

So if you find more about your lock, or have some info on mine, we'd all like to hear! Again, congratulations on a beautiful lock, MrAnybody.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:08 am

Awesome collection MrA.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:50 am

GWiens2001 wrote:
MrAnybody - certainly did "Enjoy, enjoy". Beautiful.

This writeup is for another French lock in my collection. It is a lever lock, but has the same shackle latching mechanism. Still looking for more info on my lock, too. Did find out that the SGDG stands for "Sans Garantie du Gouvernement" (Without guarantee of government). That bit of info came from TeamStarlett over on 'the other site'.

So if you find more about your lock, or have some info on mine, we'd all like to hear! Again, congratulations on a beautiful lock, MrAnybody.

Gordon

Thanks, Gordon. Really cool to see another with the same mechanism. I'll certainly be posting with any info I find on this or with yours. Definitely 2 different manufacturers, so hopefully there's a few more examples around to make research easier.

shadowlock wrote:Awesome collection MrA.

Thanks, SL

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25 pm

MrAnybodys collection- one reason ill never tire of this hobby :) thanks for sharing yet another awesome lock i one day hope to aquire
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Great collection - too many incredible locks to take in all at once - I will be spending much time admiring it over the coming weeks!
:drool:

Regarding the vachette, it looks really cool - thanks for the video showing it off. Is it a pump lock? Or pompe? How do you spell it?

There's another for sale, one key, lock body not quite as good condition:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/CADENAS-PLUTON-C ... 417401d299
39 Euro + shipping

see photo link:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/ ... ockkey.jpg

Too much for me at the moment but would love to see another KP pick it up - how about you European fellows?

Thanks again to MrAnybody for sharing your beautiful locks. :)
Cheers,
Sean
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks for your kind words, guys.

VancouverSpecial71 wrote:
Regarding the vachette, it looks really cool - thanks for the video showing it off. Is it a pump lock? Or pompe? How do you spell it?

There's another for sale, one key, lock body not quite as good condition:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/CADENAS-PLUTON-C ... 417401d299
39 Euro + shipping

Cheers,
Sean

Thanks Sean. In French it's "pompe", which is the English equivalent of "pump". Some people call them "push locks".

Yep, I'd seen that other Pluton for sale. I'm really happy I got the one I did since it has both keys and is in a lot better condition. Love to know more about the age of something like this.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

I think it's fair to warn you before you get into this post that drool is not good for your keyboard, but I know you're gonna be all warm and fuzzy when I show you some of the swag I dragged back from LockCon ...... but probably not as warm and fuzzy as I was when I unpacked it .....

..... OK, tissues at the ready ..... :D That means you, Gordon :D

Here's some of the swag I unpacked.

A really cool event badge that doubles as a pinning tray. Brilliant idea. Made by [the man with a plan :smile:] datagram. Then there's a Abloy 330 Protec2 padlock. A very nice and shiny key casting box from Storm Lock picks (the last one that will be made in fact). I plan to do a vid on key duplication by casting with low melt point metals very soon. Then there's a 3D printing bump key for Abus E20 series. Then there's a dual component impressioning key (more to come on that system soon) and a gorgeous DOM Saturn round cylinder, all laid out on a Toool T-shirt .... there's a no shortage of others bits and bobs, t-shirts and what-not, but that will have to come later. There's also a couple of Limited Edition Storm hook picks made for LockCon, which I decided to get all arty-farty with in a photo (can you really blame me)

Now for some of the locks I got my mitts on in trades

Zeiss Ikon Sperrrippen .... no idea how in the hell I pronounce that, but check out the keyway ..... yep, the key has .... errr ... wings on it :D

Abloy Protec2

Vachette ViP

Vachette HDi (humm .... needs a creative choice of pick, me thinks)

Abloy 330 Protec2 padlock (can't resist shiny)

Sea cam lock - 5 sliders on each side of the reversible key

DOM Saturn

More to come soon.

Enjoy :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice to see you got the key casting thing, I'd like one of those. The dual material impressioning blank looks nice too.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:48 am

Thanks, hux

Here's some more additions to the collection I've eventfully got around to taking pics of. These didn't come from LockCon though.

Banham L2000

Vachette Push Lock Padlock
I did a quick vid on the opening mechanism on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBjUqWL ... BRcW1yCqMQ

Burg Wachter - Gamma 700

Sargent

Enjoy :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 am

Mr A,

Your collections are absolutely amazing!!! Excellent pics. It shows that you've put alot of work into your collections.

Rick
shadowlock
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 am

That Sargent looks familiar :P
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

NKT

Post Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:10 pm

It's very sad that none of the pictures work any more! Google+... Closed down 3 years ago now. :-(

Are any up anywhere else?
Previous

Return to Your Lock Collections