FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LC Safe Locks Mounted

<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am

LC Safe Locks Mounted

Wood Mounted Safe Locks

My safe locks are now mounted and functional, each on their own custom stand. Another step done in my long term manip. goals.
In order of appearance (left to right):
S&G 6730 w/ S&G Small Nose Front Reading Dial
S&G 6730 w/ S&G Combination Front Reading Dial
Big Red Group 2 w/ S&G Small Nose Top Reading Dial
LaGard 3330 w/ LG Large Nose Top Reading Dial
LaGard 3330 w/ Amsec Front Reading Dial
Now I have to crack the centre one then I will have done them all individually. After that, reset them all to easy combos and crack em all in one sitting.
I removed the relockers from the LaGard equipment because I had them open more often than not when I was learning.
I discovered some of my spindles were too short for the mounts since I had cut them for my old practice stand.
Respect to the gentlemen at my local "Safe store" for helping me out with a new spindle and a spline key.
I've got all the locks resting on the LCP.
The second S&G 6730 from the left has a really worn LCP. That dial isn't the best mounting job I've done either, so I foresee that lock will be difficult. The Big Red is the only new lock I have, and it reads like a dream, also I really like the dial that's on it.
I reorganized them based on the order of difficulty I foresee.
SG 6730
Red
Newer LG 3330
SG 6730 Worn drivecam
Older LG 3330
I'm looking forward to seeing femurat's safe lock collection that he is building a cabinet for. I don't think I have enough for a "cabinet" but maybe I could make a nice shelf to put them on. Maybe I'll get out the jig saw and make a nice design around the edge of the shelf. I'm out of cherry wood, but I'll find something nice if I look around.

LibertyClicks
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am

Re: LC Safe Locks Mounted

Nice collection, and beautifully mounted, LC.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 am

Very nice work. Thank you for the pictures, especially the backs with the covers off.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 am

I am so jealous right now :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you for your kind words guys. I've enjoyed working on them, and now the real learning can begin. Gotta find my own style and system. Work on my speed and develop a shorthand for when I do have to chart my work.

LC
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Very nice!!! :D Looks like you're ready to rock... can't wait to see ya rollin' again. Time is usually our enemy. lol

I actually built a 360 lock shelf around my room, LOL. If I ever get all my locks set up, maybe I'll take some pics.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Oldfast wrote:I actually built a 360 lock shelf around my room, LOL. If I ever get all my locks set up, maybe I'll take some pics.

That sounds awesome. Please do! I'm sure we'd all love to see the pics.

LC
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Are you referring to a 360 degree lock shelf (because it goes all the way around the room) or as you stated a 360 lock shelf, which has places for 360 locks?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

@ Gordon... all the way around the room. I should've made the shelf a little wider.
Ah well... this may very well be my last year in this house anyway.
I also put hooks underneath the shelf every 3 inches.

LC, I assume you've been working alot (me too). Haven't seen alot of you lately.
I haven't had my hands on a dial NEARLY as much as I'd like. It's surprising how
much thinking I have to do again, lol. Things that were getting to be 2nd nature.

Libertyclicks wrote:Thank you for your kind words guys. I've enjoyed working on them, and now the real learning can begin.
Gotta find my own style and system. Work on my speed and develop a shorthand for when I do have to chart my work. LC

One thing I've found in order to build speed - push your limits to where you're making (or on the verge of making) mistakes.
Obviously, you only want to do this once you've got the fundamentals down (which you do!) and you don't have to think too
much about what you're doing. Constantly push the boundaries, and your mind and hand WILL adapt.

Again, you've done a wonderful job of mounting those. It can sometimes be tricky, I know.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 am

Great stands LC, I like them very much.
I haven't many safe locks, but I'm building a small cabinet just in case I get some more :mrgreen:

A 360 degree lock shelf would be awesome! On a different perspective a 360 degree "lazy susan" cabinet would be even better! Let me finish the one I'm working at and we can talk again about the subject.

Cheers :)

Return to Your Lock Collections