FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

PickForge Locks

<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

PickForge Locks

It has Started.

Lot I picked up from ebay came in this weekend while I was out of town. just got to look at it today. have a lot of keys for the Falcon ICs that I have to sort out. but no keys for the medecos :(

Brinks Dead Bolt. was a cheap wlamart pick up.

and another Brinks pad lock. I like this lock, I was looking for the Brinks shrouded but t hey didnt have any, this is pinned pretty similar security pin wise.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: PickForge Locks

Wow. Nice stuff!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 pm

forgot one.

Garrison Dimple lock, has mul t lock logo on back of the key.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

They should keep ya busy for a couple hours nice locks and in quantity .
<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

took one of the medecos back to the office with me to take apart.

this is what I found, no mushrooms or any other security pins :( but wasn't a huge surprise with the estimated age of the locks.

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 am

PickForge wrote:took one of the medecos back to the office with me to take apart.

this is what I found, no mushrooms or any other security pins :( but wasn't a huge surprise with the estimated age of the locks.

It's a little surprising. Medeco factory spec is that at least two security pins should be used in each lock.

Even my ancient medeco pin kit has mushroom pins. Not sure how old it is, but half the pins have turned dark brown with age. Medeco only makes security pins in certain sizes, usually alternating, but unfortunately I can't tell you specifically which sizes are security pins in my old kit since it's still packed somewhere from my move.

There is some randomness to bittings so while not common, it's possible to have a bitting that doesn't use even one of the correct top pin sizes for it to incorporate security pins. But all a locksmith would have to do in order to meet the factory spec of two security pins would be to bump down and use top pins that are one size smaller in one or two chambers. It's not like SFIC where your pin stack has to be EXACTLY a certain height. If your pin stack happens to be short by one notch because of using a shorter top pin, the lock will still work. You just want to avoid using one that's longer so the pin stack isn't too tall and overcompress the spring if there is a tall peak on the key.
<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Finally popped that Medeco pictured above.

Return to Your Lock Collections