FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Logan's Lock Collection

<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 am

Logan's Lock Collection

I still have to clean out that master lock it has some sort of gunk in it. Anywho thats the collection so far.
Last edited by Logan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 am

Re: Logan's Lock Collection (if u can call it that)

That's not a bad starter kit. I'd rather have 5really good starter locks than the 30 or so I have that mostly suck.

Have you done the Popular Mechanics one yet?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 am

It looks like a good start to me!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

firstbiggestmost

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:02 am

Nice collection...careful they breed faster than rabbits. :D
What man has done, man can do.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

The 'hunt' is half the fun! Not a bad start Logan. Save yourself some money when you really start collecting... get set up on ebay.

I didn't do this until I had exhausted every lock from every store within a 45 mile radius of me. lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 am

Not a bad start. I particularly like the 5 key being repeatedly pressed down in the background. Pretty soon you'll have an ungodly towering pile of locks as your unsatiable lust grows!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm

It's like getting a tattoo. Most people will step their toe in the water to see how it feels. The rest of us jump in heard first. Looks like you've started to wade in a little ways. :P
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:55 pm

just wait until you have drawers full of locks and shake your head at how much money you have spent...sometimes trying to calculate weight and estimate scrap brass prices...LOL
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Unlike all these other packrats, I don't tend to keep the locks around. Part of it is because I'm poor, and part of it is because I hate clutter.

I've kind of kept track of each lock I purchased, comments about it, then my initial picking time, my picking time after about a week, and then the day I "master" that particular lock. The last column on my spreadsheet is how much I sold it to someone else for.

I try to come out about even on my investments.

Granted, some locks I hang onto forever. I still have the first lock I ever picked for example. I have a cheapo Chinese four pin lock that I use for teaching newbies the basics, I have two Masterlock M5s I've kept. I also have two Masterlock M15s that I kept. I've also got a Masterlock M930. The rest... I'm pretty much trying to get rid of.

Part of that is so I can afford to buy new locks that are better. Part of it is because I want to get rid of some shit and they're mostly crappy locks (Masterlock No. 4s and such).

Anyway, Some of these guys have MOUNTAINS of locks laying around. Some of us don't though too. I just kind of wanted to point out that if you get a lock, make a video of it, and then either sell it or send it to one of the other people here you might find that your life is a lot less cluttered and you can either get some of your cash back out of the hobby or help make a newbie's day.
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Tarquin wrote: Have you done the Popular Mechanics one yet?

No, that lock is weird I haven't figured out just the right tension for it. the plug sits tight up against (and binds like a bitch) on the bottom plate. Before I broke it in by sitting for an hour turning the key back and forth the plug actually creaked as it rubbed the plate when you turned the key. Whether or not this is why I can't get a good feel on it idk. This is also the lock that I spent half a night trying to google and came up with nothing, it doesn't seem to exist. :shock:
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

pin_pusher

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm

'5555555555555555555555'; but i don't remember you posting that :mrgreen: ...off to a decent start
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 am

pin_pusher wrote:'5555555555555555555555'; but i don't remember you posting that :mrgreen: ...off to a decent start

Yeah, I started this thread and realized "oh crap none of my pictures have all my locks together" so I had to take one real quick. But of coarse I had to delete the entire page of 5's that my mortise cylinder thought would be a good thing to say :D

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

jack ezzell

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

logan i have more locks than i will ever use or need i will give thim to you free jackezzell@bellsouth.net I had a friend that was a locksmith that died and left me with alot so less see if get some to you (vp5jack)
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Logan's Lock Collection

New additions thanks to Xeo. Youda man Xeo!
Last edited by Logan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 am

Re: Logan's Lock Collection

Nice Americans:) I'm gonna buy a couple more myself next week sometime. Good luck!
Next

Return to Your Lock Collections