FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Solomons locks!

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 am

Re: Solomons locks!

I like the one that looks like a cat!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:35 pm

magician59 wrote:I like the one that looks like a cat!

lol nice call :agree: :lol:
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 am

NEW!! Kaba 20:

Any info on this lock would be greatly appreciated. I'll update this post when I have some proper info on it. :D
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 am

[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 am

Cheers bouncer, I've a copy of that book here lol... had a look through it and no joy, the kaba 20 is mentioned briefly but it doesn't go into any detail... it only focuses on the gemini/quattro/experT unfortunately. Here is all it says about the kaba 20:

"The mid-to-late 1960s also saw the development of the four-row radial pin-tumbler lock. The original form of what is now the Kaba 20 lock appeared in a 1965 patent by Bauer (DE 1,553,294, issued in 1969). A key from a Kaba 20 lock appears in Fig. 2.120. Two of the four rows of pins are set at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock, with two additional rows at a 45-degree offset from these toward the bottom of the keyway. This design was later modified by the addition of a fifth row of top pins (at 12 o’clock) in the Kaba Star."

Mine doesn't have 4 rows though, it has the 2 rows at 9 and 3 but the offset pins are only on one side.
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 am

Mine doesn't have 4 rows though, it has the 2 rows at 9 and 3 but the offset pins are only on one side.[/quote]

Mine is 9and 3 oclock pins and one row at 7 oclock position. i use a hook to try and pick it and feel around with that ....the dimple picks are too big to get between the pins

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

bouncer965 wrote:Mine is 9and 3 oclock pins and one row at 7 oclock position. i use a hook to try and pick it and feel around with that ....the dimple picks are too big to get between the pins

Interesting, they seem to vary a lot don't they? I'm using the dimple picks for the side pins and a hook for the offset ones, the way I'm picking the side pins is by rolling over the top of them and feeling for binding that way, it means I'm not sandwiched between both sets of pins all the time... seems to be doing the trick so far, I can feel the pins setting really well but at a point everything just seems to lock up... I dunno if I'm oversetting pins or if it's the offset ones though. Those things are a bugger to set, I'm almost positive I felt counter rotation on the front one so I must be doing something right lol.
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 am

Solomon wrote:
bouncer965 wrote:Mine is 9and 3 oclock pins and one row at 7 oclock position. i use a hook to try and pick it and feel around with that ....the dimple picks are too big to get between the pins

Interesting, they seem to vary a lot don't they? I'm using the dimple picks for the side pins and a hook for the offset ones, the way I'm picking the side pins is by rolling over the top of them and feeling for binding that way, it means I'm not sandwiched between both sets of pins all the time... seems to be doing the trick so far, I can feel the pins setting really well but at a point everything just seems to lock up... I dunno if I'm oversetting pins or if it's the offset ones though. Those things are a bugger to set, I'm almost positive I felt counter rotation on the front one so I must be doing something right lol.

Well if the keso 2000 and the astral s is anything to go by, The pins locked up in both of them. Now ig the pins from the gemini are the same as in the 20 then you will almost certainly get a lock up of the pins........the trick is to try and work your way out of the lock-up as i did in the keso 2000
800px-KABA_Gemini_pins_all.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 am

Another new Union, I think this is from the "traditional" series:

<<

mbpick34

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 am

nice locks dimple locks are fun
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 am

Here is some new stuff from the last month or so:

The padlocks from left to right are:

1. Burg Wächter Profi PC with ABUS C83 core
2. Yale Y221 weatherproof
3. 40mm Yale 800
4. Master M5

The cylinders in the second row are as follows:

1. Another ABUS C83
2. Cisa C2000
3. ABUS Buffo (actually have 2 of these, might put one up for trade along with one of the c83's if anyone is interested)
4. ASSA 1701

The bottom 3 are some ford locks. You can see a better pic of them here.
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:49 am

Wow nice cat :o lol

Also great collection haha
You're a lucky men i tell ya xD
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:42 am

SCORE!!! Treated myself to some new locks for my bday, these are all from the one and only rickthepick :D :D

First up, a couple of brand new ones still in the packet. A beautiful Chubb m3 (as in medeco m3... rotating pin/sidebar mechanism + slider) and a nice corbin padlock:

Also 10 snapped euros:

Column 1 are all Yale X6.

Column 2 from top to bottom are Mila, Iseo and unknown. Here is a pic, if anyone recognises the logo let me know.

Column 3 are all MTL. You can view a pic of them here. From left to right they're Interactive, Garrison and MT5.

The one all by itself on the right is a Kaba GeGe. It's a 6 pinner with a basic keyway, so I've got my sights on this one in particular as the GeGe pExtra has been kicking my ass for a good while now.

These should keep me busy for a while... wish me luck :akimbo:
Last edited by Solomon on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:51 am

As if the excitement of all that stuff wasn't enough, another parcel arrived today... 4 mortice locks and an asec oval cylinder:

These are from Pickwizard, who you might know from youtube. Very generous guy... the mortice locks are a mixture of 3 and 5 lever, brown and white are both legge but I'm not sure about the other 2 just yet.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 am

Got this one today... a proper high quality disc detainer lock. Very well made, can't wait to start picking this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Lock Collections