FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My lock collection (5 totally counts as a collection)

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:24 am

Re: My lock collection (5 totally counts as a collection)

Nice score! Wish my mates would just bring locks over lol... I don't lubricate locks so I'm not talking from experience here, but graphite spray is supposedly the best stuff to use. I'm assuming it's the pins which are seized up, did you get a key with it? Quickest thing to do is pop over to the local locksmith and ask him to lubricate it for ya, it's not very often you'll need to do it anyway.

Don't worry about the GeGe, those things really are tough... definately not a beginner lock, I have one here that I still haven't cracked and I've put a good few hours into it.
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:58 am

thanks to solomons encouragement i just took appart one of my yales and discoved spools pins (the 2 on the left). its not a great picture but i thought i'd throw it up.

2010-07-30 17-55-09.967.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I likes my locks like I likes my women, loose and easy to manipulate.
<<

mbpick34

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 am

nice collection, and that yale you got there is a good challenge
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:13 pm

My mate got me another couple of locks last week, 2 unions, i guess hes not as useless as i keep telling him he is............

2010-07-30 19-09-26.327.jpg
2010-07-30 19-08-49.785.jpg

2010-07-30 19-09-01.896.jpg
2010-07-30 19-09-06.472.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Nice! I really like the first one, got one exactly the same from ebay a long time ago but it might be a different profile. Awesome locks, really nice to pick if you're having a bad day aswell. :D
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Just got this bad boy from my bro, a RUKO (can't say i've ever heard of them) oval half cylinder with 5 pins. I don't know anything about it and i havent picked it yet, although i've only been trying for a few mins. So far i dont seem to get any pins setting if i try it clockwise whereas i get one or two when i try it ccw.

2010-08-04 00-30-54.929.jpg
2010-08-04 00-31-22.435.jpg
2010-08-04 22-40-28.960.jpg
Last edited by virul on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:56 pm

That RUKO doesn't look too tough :wink:
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Nice one virul, Ruko are the exact same as ASSA. Very tight tolerances, nasty driver pins and they have the added bonus of countermilled chambers which catch the spools aswell... so if you get caught in a false set, you have to reset the entire lock. Very hard locks to pick... it should have some master pinned chambers but unfortunately that won't make it any easier lol. Let us know if you get it!!
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 am

I thought I would share the updates to my collection. Well its been a crazy couple of months and we've seen some old friends leave, the 5 pin yale with the missing pin, the union 5 pinner with no spools that was so fantasticly easy to rake open but great for learning spp on a well made lock without getting security pins involved, aswell as the 5 pin cutaway, were donated to my friend to see if it those easy locks would spark an intrest in lockpicking... it didnt really, fuckin' useless. My unpicked Ruko left for the warmer climate of texas to magician59 in exchance for a nice 5200 he sent me, i might have to get it back again though, someday, since i manage to pick that tumbturn lock i have a few times, the Ruko was the only one of my original collection i could never pick.

Sure those lock had been my friends, teachers, and yes, occasional lovers for several months and it was hard to see them go, we've made new friends along the way.......

A few weeks ago I picked up this nice kitemarked yale on ebay, I love this lock its well made and great to pick, it took a solid hour or so to bust it cherry, i like having the 2 sides to pick and i got some great practice out it, and still do. It's got 6 pins at least a couple of which are spools.
2010-12-20 15-01-13.103.jpg

Today the post brough this bad boy. Never heard of the brand before "Sterling". According to the ebay page its ''high security'' (which can mean just about anything) and has telescopic pin within a pin dealie to make it "anti-bump" i looked it up, its Sterling Locks catalogue #RCN200B, nothing i found mentioned the pin within pin thing. Either way i havent picked it yet and I have a feeling it going to take a good long session and maybe a few day at least to pop it.
2010-12-20 14-54-12.321.jpg
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 am

That's pretty damned snazy... I like the Tri circle just because.

I really like your Gege too.

"Gege" originally meant the first born princess of an imperial family by the way. They were considered the most special and highly-regarded of all the families in the entire kingdom and treated with great reverence and respect.

Anyway, I think the lock is pretty neat. Unique and interesting for sure. Good luck popping it so we can see what's inside!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Good stuff virul :D

Sterling are generally pretty shit, most only have regular pins... that one sounds like it has similar pins to the SKS active, they're supposed to be anti bump but they don't do a very good job. They open with bump keys and pick guns without too much hassle, and they make no difference to manual picking. The SKS has a combination of the telescoping pins and a sort of serrated pin but they're still easy, I dunno if the sterling will be exactly the same but you should crack it easily enough.

As for those kitemarked yales, they actually use serrated pins not spools... good job picking that one, they can be pretty tough. Keep up the good work mate :mrgreen:
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Serrated eh? even better.
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm

I just took appart that Sterling lock to see what was going on inside it, and as you can see there's fuck all. Looks like Sol was right, all regular pins, nothing special and contrary to the ebay ad... http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320629733726... its does not have "PATENTED ANTI-BUMP SYSTEM, WHICH HAS TELESCOPIC PINS INSIDE PINS"

DSC00073.JPG
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 am

Heh. Gotta love ebay :D
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 am

I added some locks to my collection this week

My dad gave me this Iseo that he took out of his front door awhile ago......
I havent managed to pick it yet, I think that second pin is causing the problem.

2011-04-15 15-09-44.674.jpg

he also gave me the old ignition from his Vaxhaull van (on the left) and at the breakers yard i got the one in the middle from a 1999 Toyota Picnic and the one on the right is from..... i'm not sure, but i think the guy said a VW Golf or Polo.

2011-04-15 15-13-06.145.jpg

and this ignition that says Toyota on it and the key, but the has Punto Tip-Exed on it

2011-04-15 15-11-41.765.jpg

I haven't picked any of the car locks yet, I need to make a tention too for them.

This was a good week for lock collecting!
PreviousNext

Return to Your Lock Collections