FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Box of fun from mastersmith

<<

madsamurai

Post Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Box of fun from mastersmith

I had the pleasure of meeting mastersmith for lunch over the weekend. I think most of you know already, he's a super nice guy... and he was kind enough to bring me a box full of locks!
Should keep me busy for a bit :) And yes, that's one of his custom-made picks at the bottom, and already one of my favorites.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 am

Re: Box of fun from mastersmith

Have fun with that Abloy Disklock :)
<<

madsamurai

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 am

Re: Box of fun from mastersmith

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Have fun with that Abloy Disklock :)

I don't even have tools for disc-detainer types yet, but they're next on my list... just gotta find the good ones.
<<

Neilau

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Nice gift.

If you crack the S7G 8088 you will make history!! They are worth looking into. They are very cleverly designed and far as I know, no one has ever cracked one. As for the rest, like you say, house of fun.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

madsamurai

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Re:

Neilau wrote:If you crack the S7G 8088 you will make history!! They are worth looking into. They are very cleverly designed and far as I know, no one has ever cracked one.

It's going to be a fun one to explore... I've been researching a bit, seen one guy on youtube spin it open (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cDV1DcK0E) but he's the only one I could find. Apparently there's a known vulnerability but couldn't find much about it... found a guy using a shim on the change key shutter here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6mIKKKO2Uw but I don't speak Spanish enough to follow him and he keeps going out of frame so I can't really tell what he's doing, but I suspect that may be the answer.
I do have it open, actually... it was set to the factory default 25-0 so I got lucky there, but can't open the body without drilling. Wish I could, as it's a bit sticky and hard to feel, and I'd like to clean it up before trying to manipulate it.

Edit: It's not an 8088, it's a 3511. Here's a post comparing the two http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=11213
Edit again: lol... it's a 1951... didn't read down far enough in that post...

Return to Your Lock Collections