FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Riyame's Collection

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Riyame's Collection

Wow. Very nice.... very clean. That'd be a wonderful tool to learn a great deal!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Medecos copy of the 826C padlock. It has the exact same footprint as the 826, and is a little taller. They keyway is a bit smaller as it is not cut top open CCW for control position.
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 am

nice riy! i was watching that padlock!
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 am

Was it you that asked me to keep an eye out for one of these padlocks? I can't remember.

And nice lock man! I want one!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 am

NoNeedForAKey wrote:Was it you that asked me to keep an eye out for one of these padlocks? I can't remember.

And nice lock man! I want one!

Probably lol

<<

Riyame

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

HUGE UPDATE!

I got 2 boxes in today, 1 from Oldfast, which I was not expecting at all. It was truly a surprise package.

The other one was from mastersmith and I had no idea what exactly was in it ( I had a few ideas) and nearly fainted when I saw a few of the items, and nearly had to reach for the lotion and tissues with others :lol: All this stuff came from him cleaning off his workbench ;)

All pictures are thumbnails, please click on them to see the full size images.

First the box from Oldfast. Sorry I didn't take more pics, but I was kind of exited to get to the other one ;)
The best on the right is REALLY old, not sure exactly but around the start of the company. Core also says best universal and has (I believe) an original key

Box from mastersmith: Pics are pretty much in the order that I opened things.

Pick making stock:
Image Image

This is a really neat book. It was published by the Locksmith Ledger in 1967 and in the front shows you how to read a wafer lock and how to impression a pin tumbler one! (VERY secret stuff back then :P) It then goes to show how to rekey one of those Almont "Re-key" padlocks that pop up on ebay every once in a while. There is an exploded diagram of each lock as well as the space and depth info (where applicable), drill points on some, etc etc etc.... Very cool book:
Locks in this book include... Wise lock No. 60C, S&G 8065, S&G 8088
Image Image Image Image

Instructions and a tool to decode Sesamee 4-dial combination locks (Early Master 175)

Some regular combination lock combo code books:
Image Image Image

Emhart mortise AND mounting hardware... :freakout:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some abloy momentary switchlocks and keys:

And the padlocks. He packed each one well in bubble wrap and tape so it was like Christmas with each one :D
Image Image

Really weird cable lock that he was talking to me about. The key allows you to spool or unspool the cable as well as locking it up.
Image Image Image

Really weirdly recessed keyway. Never seen one made like this before:

F.A.A. marked Best lock!
Image Image

And last but not least, a Hercules 700 marked ENERGAS on the back
Image Image

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Man those are some nice locks! That really old BEST is pretty damn cool.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

This post is my formal request for a complete scan of all the books. Thank you sir and have a nice day.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Riyame

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm

macgng wrote:This post is my formal request for a complete scan of all the books. Thank you sir and have a nice day.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have check out to see if they have any copyrights on them. The red book was copyrighted in 1967 so who knows if its still valid or not lol.

<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:40 pm

Riyame wrote:\----- First the box from Oldfast. Sorry I didn't take more pics, but I was kind of exited to get to the other one ;) -----\

Holy SHIT... I don't blame ya! That's one hellascious box of goodies mastersmith put together. Those books! How cool is that?! Let alone the locks!
If I even THOUGHT I'd possibly come across even a third of that shit while clean/organizing my lockroom.... I'd probably be in there right now. lol

Also, I hadn't seen your prior post on Medecos' 826 version. That's a wicked lock. I've seen em' from time to time. I'd like one someday.

Glad my package found you well. As I said, I was struck with one of those rare moments of generosity LOL... so I thought I'd take advantage of
it while it lasted :) A certain someone trusted me enough to provide me with your address so it could be a surprise. I've always enjoyed and
appreciated what you bring to the forum Eric. And I'm glad you're around. Pick on... and on... and on, good buddy :hbg:
<<

Riyame

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Oldfast wrote:
Riyame wrote:\----- First the box from Oldfast. Sorry I didn't take more pics, but I was kind of exited to get to the other one ;) -----\

Holy SHIT... I don't blame ya! That's one hellascious box of goodies mastersmith put together. Those books! How cool is that?! Let alone the locks!
If I even THOUGHT I'd possibly come across even a third of that shit while clean/organizing my lockroom.... I'd probably be in there right now. lol

Also, I hadn't seen your prior post on Medecos' 826 version. That's a wicked lock. I've seen em' from time to time. I'd like one someday.

Glad my package found you well. As I said, I was struck with one of those rare moments of generosity LOL... so I thought I'd take advantage of
it while it lasted :) A certain someone trusted me enough to provide me with your address so it could be a surprise. I've always enjoyed and
appreciated what you bring to the forum Eric. And I'm glad you're around. Pick on... and on... and on, good buddy :hbg:

Thank you again. I believe that person would be a certain Mr. Sour? ;) And yea, mastermith found some really cool stuff when he was cleaning lol.

<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 am

Riyame wrote:Thank you again. I believe that person would be a certain Mr. Sour?
I will not divulge my connections (grins)... but I've heard that Sour is a hell-of-a stand-up guy LOL A good fella in my book.
<<

Riyame

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Decided to polish up some of the Best locks from Mastersmith today. Quite the difference!

I just use a sponge and Brasso cleaner/polish. They had to change to formula for the NA market thanks to the USDA or w/e so now it does not work as well. And my nose burns of ammonia :(

Click the pics for bigger versions.

Shiney!

This one was covered in rust from whatever it was attached to and was frozen solid. Spent probably an hour to get it to the point where it is now. Cant really tell from the pictures but it almost looks like a bright copper color at the moment compared to the dull brown and rust color earlier.
Before:
Image Image

After:
Image Image Image

Previous

Return to Your Lock Collections