FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Clark Combo (Copy?) Lock - Up for Auction

Forum rules
This subforum is for members wishing to donate spare items for sale or auction, with all proceeds going towards KeyPicking forum operating expenses.

Items will be listed as either a fixed price or auction to the highest bidder.

Rules:
1) If you wish to list an item for donation purposes in this sub-forum, please contact ElbowMacaroni and MBI directly via PM, or send an email to kpmgmt@keypicking.com (this address will reach both of us) – and specify whether you want to offer it for AUCTION or FIXED PRICE. Include the text of what you want to post so we can review it before you post it on the forum.

2) SELLERS wishing to be reimbursed for postage should advise us directly so we can make proper arrangements. Otherwise, it will be assumed that the SELLER is also donating the postage and shipping costs of the item(s) sold or auctioned.

3) If SELLER prefers to donate item(s) to Keypicking outright and forego the shipping arrangements to the BUYER – contact us so we arrange the details.

4) A BUYER interested in purchasing an item for the FIXED PRICE should post it as a reply in the forum thread then contact us (ElbowMacaroni and MBI via PM or email to kpmgmt@keypicking.com) for payment and shipping arrangements.

5) All bids should be openly posted as replies in the thread listing the item.

6) Payments must be submitted via PayPal (link on the main portal page).
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Clark Combo (Copy?) Lock - Up for Auction

Up for Auction!

Clark Combo lock as depicted in JimL's thread: http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?p=26982#p26982

Clark Combination Lock Co. Patd Feb 29, 1876
Size = 2.25"
Padlock Collector Book Value of $425.00

Starting bid = $50.00 - Winning Bidder Pays via PayPal donation to KP

Thanks to JimL for donating the lock!

Bidding ends: Friday, 18-Jun-2010 @ 17:00 CDT/23:00 GMT

[Edit: Oldlock, a member of this forum has advised that this lock is not an original Clark Combo - but may be a COPY. Since the authenticity of the lock is in doubt, anyone who has previously bid on this lock may retract their bid. Please indicate your bid retraction by updating the thread below. - HC]

clark2.jpg
clark1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Re: Clark Combo Lock - Up for Auction

Lets get it started! 60.00 !!!!
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 am

KokomoLock wrote:Lets get it started! 60.00 !!!!

Do I hear $70?

Seventy dollars, anybody?
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:49 am

It's an interesting lock, where did you get the ID for it being a Clark ?
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 am

oldlock wrote:It's an interesting lock, where did you get the ID for it being a Clark ?

Page 69 of "The Padlock Collector", Sixth Edition by Franklin M. Arnall.

Oldlock: If you have additional ID information, lock history - or other data concerning this lock, please post it here. Any light you can shed on this old beauty is greatly appreciated.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:03 am

Sorry to say that I the lock you have is not a Clark. Clark combination locks were good quality US made locks, with brass bodies and steel shackles. The lock is not of the required high quality, the body is made of steel and the marking Germany on the shackle all confirm it's not made by Clark. Most likely to be a copy made sometime later than the original.
Bramah Australasia

<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

oldlock wrote:Sorry to say that I the lock you have is not a Clark. Clark combination locks were good quality US made locks, with brass bodies and steel shackles. The lock is not of the required high quality, the body is made of steel and the marking Germany on the shackle all confirm it's not made by Clark. Most likely to be a copy made sometime later than the original.

Alright, I'll have to trust that what you are saying is the truth - and you are not just someone trying to drive the price down on the lock.

I will revise the description so no one thinks I am trying to rip them off - and any bidders can retract their bids accordingly.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Clark Combo (Copy?) Lock - Up for Auction

I don't collect padlocks so the end price is of no concern to me, I appreciate it's a fund raiser for your site, but the facts of the matter would surface eventually and leave a bad taste in the mouth of the winner ...........
Bramah Australasia

<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: Clark Combo (Copy?) Lock - Up for Auction

Congratulations to Kokomolock - he has the winning bid on the combo lock!

Thanks to Kokomolock and JimL for their kind donations to KeyPicking!

Return to KeyPicking Bazaar