FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Organizing "random number contest 2"

<<

flywheel

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Organizing "random number contest 2"

Good day folks,

I had previously planned on running another contest at the end of August. That time is rapidly approaching to get the contest off the ground and I need to start now. This time there will be guaranteed winners.

At the end of the previous contest thread --Random Number Contest 1-- many members offered to donate locks or supplies. For offers still open, or any other members interested in donating, please consider the following. There are two donation options; The first option is keeping the locks on hand and being responsible for shipping to the winners anywhere. The second option is send the donated locks to me and I would be responsible for shipping. In fact, the first two donated locks are here already (thanks Oldfast). All donators will be thanked for their contributions in the official contest thread. The contest will be open to all current members.

I will be happy to answer all questions or concerns. Interested in donating? Please PM me soon!

--flywheel
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Organizing "random number contest 2"

Thanks again for putting your time into this flywheel.
I think it's wonderful and I'm happy to play a small part in it.
What if I win my own locks... lol... will you draw new prize #'s for me?
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Oldfast wrote:Thanks again for putting your time into this flywheel.
I think it's wonderful and I'm happy to play a small part in it.
What if I win my own locks... lol... will you draw new prize #'s for me?

No, but he will let you save the postage! :P

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:54 pm

:(
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Need donation help please

Hello KP members,

A little additional info on the proposed contest. All KP members will be eligible to play. There would be three contest levels each with different odds. Each level would have one guaranteed winner. The winner would be the person whose guess is closest without exceeding the randomly drawn number. In all, three winners and three levels of prizes.

I will donate my time and cover shipping costs but need help in the form of donated locks. My hope is to have a nice selection of quality locks to send to the winners. I haven't had any responses so far but hope that changes in the next few days.

Currently, there is a Brady LOTO and bump stop American 5200 in the prize pool. Please help and add to that list.

Thanks everyone!
--flywheel
:pimpmofo:
<<

Deadlock

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanks for doing this again, flywheel. The three different levels is a clever idea - in fact so clever I'm not 100% sure how it works. Is it something like first level is 1 to 100, second level is 1 to 200, and third level is 1 to 300? Each member can only pick one number on one level - say, 3 on level 3. Is that it?
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Deadlock wrote:Thanks for doing this again, flywheel. The three different levels is a clever idea - in fact so clever I'm not 100% sure how it works. Is it something like first level is 1 to 100, second level is 1 to 200, and third level is 1 to 300? Each member can only pick one number on one level - say, 3 on level 3. Is that it?

That is the general idea. With all the numbers floating around probably want to stick to one guess per level.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Flywheel, thanks for running this again!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image

Return to Contests