FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Random Number Lock Giveaway Contest 1!

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Random Number Lock Giveaway Contest 1!

GWiens2001 wrote:So if Oldfast is right and #24 is correct, but he has the locks wrong, doesn't that mean that I get the correct locks? ;)

:???: :whip:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 am

POST 1 OF 3

---CONTEST ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED---

All right, let's do this!
The random drawing is about to happen. I will do a post 2 of 3 while recording to establish continuity and a final post about 10 minutes later with a link to the video of the drawing.
I'm going to select the winning locks first and then select the winning contest number. Please wait to comment until after the video link is posted. Thanks.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! :D
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:16 am

POST 2 OF 3

How is everyone doing? Almost there......
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:35 am

POST 3 OF 3

Here are the results in a 41.7 MB video. RANDOM NUMBER CONTEST 1. The video can be downloaded. But hurry, it will self-destruct in 7 days.

Do you want to know the winning number? Okay, the winning number is....
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am

Nobody guessed 145 as the number, so that means femurat gets all the locks since he was first to respond, right? (femurat - send me the Abus dimple padlock)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 am

Sorry GW. Didn't you read the fine print? All members with an incorrect guess send ME the two best locks in their collection! Thanks everyone!
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am

AH Man!
I was so close.............
Spin again! :D

I Can't quite now.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

flywheel wrote:Sorry GW. Didn't you read the fine print? All members with an incorrect guess send ME the two best locks in their collection! Thanks everyone!

Aww heck. Gonna have to give up my favorite Harbor Freight padlock and the drilled out Kwikset deadbolt cylinder. Oh well, they are on the way. Next time, will read the fine print. :lol:

Gordon

P.S. Don't have a drilled out Kwikset deadbolt, but will happily get one for you.
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Some final thoughts,

That ended with a whimper rather than a bang. Of course it's not that surprising considering only 38 members entered the contest. The daily statistics show 80+ registered members visiting the past few days. When I started the contest I thought the first day would have 50 entries easily and get 100 by the end.

If another contest happened what could be done to get more participation? Better locks? Better odds? Longer entry period? All these things can be done without difficulty. Locks can be donated for the contest to me or shipped directly to the winner if they are the selected prize. Overall odds can be changed to 1:500 or 1:250 or 1:100 or 1:10,000 with non-stop drawings until we have a winner.
Or we could increase the number of prize locks until a winner is found. For example one lock for the first drawing, two locks for the second drawing, etc.

Ideas? Donations? Should we try again in August with some tweaks to the contest? Never hurts to give these things a try. Thanks for playing :D
Have a great day! :hbg:
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 pm

wait a minute !! The winning #'s were 1 4 5 ?? 1+4 =5 and 1+5=6 and 5 and 6 together is 56 ! that's my number, I won!! :wanker:
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:18 pm

flywheel wrote:Some final thoughts,

That ended with a whimper rather than a bang. Of course it's not that surprising considering only 38 members entered the contest. The daily statistics show 80+ registered members visiting the past few days. When I started the contest I thought the first day would have 50 entries easily and get 100 by the end.

If another contest happened what could be done to get more participation? Better locks? Better odds? Longer entry period? All these things can be done without difficulty. Locks can be donated for the contest to me or shipped directly to the winner if they are the selected prize. Overall odds can be changed to 1:500 or 1:250 or 1:100 or 1:10,000 with non-stop drawings until we have a winner.
Or we could increase the number of prize locks until a winner is found. For example one lock for the first drawing, two locks for the second drawing, etc.

Ideas? Donations? Should we try again in August with some tweaks to the contest? Never hurts to give these things a try. Thanks for playing :D
Have a great day! :hbg:

I think better odds or a rolling prize lot (till someone wins like the lottery) would have more more people playing. also this is the first one so it could just be not enough people bothered to read the thread.
but thanks for doing this anyways it was fun :salute:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 pm

This was really cool of you to put on Flywheel, thanks for the sweat :)
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Deadlock

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Hey flywheel, I'd like to say thanks for doing this too. It's a shame it didn't get more support and I hope it doesn't put you off doing it again. I think it was a case of, ''Oh I never win anything so I'm not gonna bother entering.'' Well that's a self-fulfilling prophecy isn't it? What's up people, didn't you get that it was free? You didn't even have to buy a ticket, and you could've got two free locks.
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:26 pm

I'll enter twice next time if it would help :)
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:33 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Nobody guessed 145 as the number, so that means femurat gets all the locks since he was first to respond, right? (femurat - send me the Abus dimple padlock)

Gordon

That's a great idea. I agree the abus is yours Gordon :mrgreen:

Jokes apart, thanks flywheel for this contest, it was fun to participate. It would have been much more fun if somebody had won... just saying :cool:
PreviousNext

Return to Contests