FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

It's high time for a contest! Seeking suggestions

<<

Daggers

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: It's high time for a contest! Seeking suggestions

That's a great idea farmerfreak! How about having two categories, one for newer members and one for older ones?
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:15 pm

ARF-GEF wrote:ROLF! :D

We could make a calendar with the photos like firefighters do... :D

Now I have to get that thought out of my head now by all means...

Best...idea... ever :D
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I like the photo idea. Coolest lock in the wild would be a fun challenge that anyone with a camera phone could compete in and it would also render a lot of participation. Also, we could see some awesome locks actually being used. Sounds cool to me. Im always on the lookout.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

mister sour wrote:I like the photo idea. Coolest lock in the wild would be a fun challenge that anyone with a camera phone could compete in and it would also render a lot of participation. Also, we could see some awesome locks actually being used. Sounds cool to me. Im always on the lookout.

I like it :D (I just found some old in use Yale padlocks that are almost black from being outside for so long that need to be posted)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Well HOLY HELL.... look who popped up on the grid!

I hope life's tide has subsided long enough for you to get a footing my friend. Good to cya.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

flywheel

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:35 am

Had a decision been made?

My suggestion is who can produce the best work of art that is lock related? Painting, water colors, sketches, metal working, sculpture, crazy photoshop manipulation, short movie, a poem, limerick, or short story, anything lock related that can be labeled art.

For me, watching a milling machine cut metal is a beautiful thing. With the right background music a video turning a block of metal into a working lock could be a submission in the contest.

Option two is same as above but the art does NOT need to be lock related. Let's see how creative you can be!
<<

youluckyfox

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:40 am

I'd love to see a contest where several pictures of keyways are displayed and the contestants submit their results. First one to submit the right answers wins. It'd be a good chance to try out the Ilco Catalog. Might be a good idea to have a beginner contest and advanced contest. It would be educational for less experienced members like myself, as the answers could be posted later and I could learn from them.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 am

youluckyfox wrote:I'd love to see a contest where several pictures of keyways are displayed and the contestants submit their results. First one to submit the right answers wins. It'd be a good chance to try out the Ilco Catalog. Might be a good idea to have a beginner contest and advanced contest. It would be educational for less experienced members like myself, as the answers could be posted later and I could learn from them.

+1 to that contest.

Question - should the keyways posted be silhouettes or actual pictures of keyways?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

youluckyfox

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Glad you like the idea! My vote: actual keyways. With the condition that all pictures are well lit and clear. Maybe there could be a separate contest with silhouettes, but for me it would help most to learn how to identify keyways as I see them when a customer calls me over. Also, it would be cool if catalog pages/source links could be posted when the contest is over and the answers are revealed. It would be cool to have it as an ongoing contest.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Bump. I want to get something rolling this month.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Sound good to me Im down
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:00 am

Are we any closer to a decision? If not what is needed to make this happen? Can't wait to see the entries. Logos, t-shirts, pics, they all sounds like fun contests to me.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:50 am

WOW - 1500 views in the last few days and no posts - come on boys any contest suggestions :razz:

I have one Great idea - How many different types of lock can you bump open - using same bump key

its a challenge and we may be surprised - just how many given a universal blank can be used on many locks

bump key must be marked clearly - :kickyoass: bump key challenge - slight mods acceptable on key i would say
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:08 am

I have an idea who can take a 6 pins cylinder appart , cut a key with a file and Get everything back together the fastest???
:circlip:
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:36 am

youluckyfox wrote:I'd love to see a contest where several pictures of keyways are displayed and the contestants submit their results. First one to submit the right answers wins. It'd be a good chance to try out the Ilco Catalog. Might be a good idea to have a beginner contest and advanced contest. It would be educational for less experienced members like myself, as the answers could be posted later and I could learn from them.

(Edit: didnt see the next post-sorry )
Wouldn't have to be a photo of the profile
Just the plug (total photo width and height twice plug diameter)

points for identifying
Manufacturer
Plug type (type of lock)

And the kicker the prize is the lock
I Definitely agree that their should be an advanced and beginner
PreviousNext

Return to Contests