FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unusual WYNN's padlock and keys

<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Unusual WYNN's padlock and keys

WYNN Top Security Padlock

Ordered this lock from AliExpress thinking it was a disc detainer style. I'm not sure what this style is called to be honest. Here it is beside an American 1100, the shackle is massive in comparison.

Here's a pic of the keyway:

And finally the keys:

It has ball bearing retainers for the shackle although there is no shackle spring. It is also key retaining. Is is a very solid lock so I'm going to see what I can do picking wise it seems to be warded and there's spring tension when you insert the key about halfway. Not sure if you can notice the tip but it's flattened slightly on both sides with two fins (yeah really techincal) at the mid point and shoulder with five steps tapering the key down to the tip.

Anyway I found it interesting so I thought I'd share it.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Unusual WYNN's padlock and keys

I have seen those around online and never knew what the mechanism was. I am glad you are exploring it! Let us know what you find out or if you find a way to pick it!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:54 am

It is supposed to be very similar to the Pagoda locks. Mechanism should be like a stack of washers that are progressively sized and each must be pushed in until it lines up with the proper gate in the plug. Lots of tiny springs if you take it apart.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:43 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:It is supposed to be very similar to the Pagoda locks. Mechanism should be like a stack of washers that are progressively sized and each must be pushed in until it lines up with the proper gate in the plug. Lots of tiny springs if you take it apart.

Gordon

That sounds right Gord. I could rotate the wafers but loading them into the gates was tricky and I only get 1 at a time not knowing if it's even in the right gate. Might have to ship this off to Hux because it's going to require more than a disk pick, quite frankly It's beyond me even though the key itself is basic in design. Lots of spring compressions a rotator in the tip and a way to align the correct wafer and gate. I should order a couple more and see if there's variations in the keys.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:57 pm

While digging through the site I stumbled here.

I have two similar locks.
IMAG0318.jpg

Picking was a big fail for me as I flipped the bottom disk out of its place and the spring underneath came out of place too.
tmp_3428-PSX_20151217_202801-1567461187.jpg

Here's some looks inside by others:
http://blakhal0.blogspot.com/2015/12/z-con-lock-teardown.html?m=1
http://mylockpickingworld.com/2013/12/08/z-con-lock/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock