FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco G8R padlock

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Medeco G8R padlock

Well this is far from old, but it is a bit unusual. I finally got my hands on some Medeco G8R 7/16 padlock bodies. I had several different T handle lock cylinders, so I figured I'd see if they would work in these lock bodies. I had to modify the key handles a little bit on two of them, but other than that, they work perfectly. The first two pictures use a TuBar cylinder. The next 3 pictures I was able to use a Van Lock cylinder. The last two pictures are of a cylinder made by ABA. I know everyone thinks that for real security one must use Medeco cylinders, but these three cylinders would thwart most pickers in the wild, not to say they couldn't drill out the cylinder, but that's a different ball game. Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Medeco G8R padlock

Nice, Oldbiscuit.

Did not know that those took the same lock form factor as the t-handle locks. Have wanted one of those GR8 locks for a while. Ever since one passed through my hands when I forwarded a lock for another member. They look cool.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Re: Medeco G8R padlock

those are the same t-handle cylinders i was gonna put into mine! :D

sec snobs sells a Bilock T-Handle and there is a site selling MTL interactive t handles but those are pretty pricey :(
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock