FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

American 747 disassembly

<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 am

Re: American 747 disassembly

jones wrote:Why do your pics say it's a model 727?

jones
Thanks for the heads up - just a stupid typo - all fixed now I think.
Cheers
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 am

His say it is a 747. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the lock. Think your is a slider, but it is more difficult to tell by the angle.

Gotdon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:19 pm

I know its a old post but i just got mine any one open this one? how to disassembly?

There don't seem to be a screw down the shackle hole so I'm guessing its under the shackle other side so it has to come out?

Do I drill that nub out to get to grub screw ? to remove shackle? thanks for any help you have. Oh and are there parts for it somewhere ??
no date code on it also?
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 am

spuds wrote:I know its a old post but i just got mine any one open this one? how to disassembly?

There don't seem to be a screw down the shackle hole so I'm guessing its under the shackle other side so it has to come out?

Do I drill that nub out to get to grub screw ? to remove shackle? thanks for any help you have. Oh and are there parts for it somewhere ??
no date code on it also?

Inside the hole the shackle toe fits into, there is a screw. Remove the screw. There is a spring and a thick pin underneath it. Remove them, and the metal slider on the bottom of the lock can be slid out. Now you have access to remove the core, cam actuator and ball bearings.

To remove the shackle, once you have the lock open and other components removed, use a dental pick to work out the metallic plug (almost like solder) from the pin on the back of the lock body. Then there is an Allen set screw that you can take out. Don't remember if there is a pin behind it or not. If there is, tap the lock face down on a block of wood to get the pin out. Now the shackle and shackle spring can be removed.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:49 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
spuds wrote:I know its a old post but i just got mine any one open this one? how to disassembly?

no date code on it also?

Inside the hole the shackle toe fits into, there is a screw. Remove the screw. There is a spring and a thick pin underneath it. Remove them, and the metal slider on the bottom of the lock can be slid out. Now you have access to remove the core, cam actuator and ball bearings.

To remove the shackle, once you have the lock open and other components removed, use a dental pick to work out the metallic plug (almost like solder) from the pin on the back of the lock body. Then there is an Allen set screw that you can take out. Don't remember if there is a pin behind it or not. If there is, tap the lock face down on a block of wood to get the pin out. Now the shackle and shackle spring can be removed.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon! I'll give it a go the plug "removed use a dental pick to work out the metallic plug (almost like solder) " seems a little stronger then a pick would be able to remove But i'll try keep you posted Thanks again.
Jim
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am

Just know that it is not necessary to remove that plug and screw to get the slider open on the bottom and the core out. Only for removing the shackle.

Gordon
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:40 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Just know that it is not necessary to remove that plug and screw to get the slider open on the bottom and the core out. Only for removing the shackle.

Gordon

How does one get the slider open on the bottom and the core out without taking out the shackle.
Thanks Gordon
Jim
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm

spuds wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:Just know that it is not necessary to remove that plug and screw to get the slider open on the bottom and the core out. Only for removing the shackle.

Gordon

How does one get the slider open on the bottom and the core out without taking out the shackle.
Thanks Gordon

To quote my post above, Inside the hole the shackle toe fits into, there is a screw. Remove the screw. There is a spring and a thick pin underneath it. Remove them, and the metal slider on the bottom of the lock can be slid out. Now you have access to remove the core, cam actuator and ball bearings. If you don't see a screw there, let me know and I'll dig my 747 out again and verify.

Femurat has a thread here somewhere where he took one apart, too.

Gordon

Gordon
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 pm

If the shackle toe is the side of the shackle that opens when you pop the lock with the key to open there is no screw in there this is the best photo i have so i think i have to take out the shackle off the lock ? completely so i would have to pull that pin ? I'll look for Femurat's post Thanks again !!!!

Jim
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Please excuse me - been too long since I pulled apart one of these. Dug one out today, and you do need to get the solder plug out of the allen screw that holds the shackle pin. Remove the solder plug, remove the allen screw, then pull out the pin in behind the allen screw. The shackle can then be removed, and the shackle spring and the slide blocker pin below the spring. Then the slider can be slid out and the core removed.

Since the shackle is open, maybe you can use a rubber or rawhide mallet and smack the slider directly below the shackle heel (part that stays in the lock body when unlocked) and try to 'bump' the slide retainer pin and slide the slider. Have not tried that myself and am doing some drywall repair right now, so no time to try it out.

Gordon
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Please excuse me - been too long since I pulled apart one of these. Dug one out today, and you do need to get the solder plug out of the allen screw that holds the shackle pin. Remove the solder plug, remove the allen screw, then pull out the pin in behind the allen screw. The shackle can then be removed, and the shackle spring and the slide blocker pin below the spring. Then the slider can be slid out and the core removed.

Since the shackle is open, maybe you can use a rubber or rawhide mallet and smack the slider directly below the shackle heel (part that stays in the lock body when unlocked) and try to 'bump' the slide retainer pin and slide the slider. Have not tried that myself and am doing some drywall repair right now, so no time to try it out.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon its very clear now what i need to do. good luck on the drywall repair !!!
Jim
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock