FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lauren's Antique Padlock Restoration

<<

Lauren

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am

Re: Lauren's Antique Padlock Restoration

Perhaps, but I have little control of how many last 3 second bidders there will be. It's a risky game.
<<

Lauren

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:11 am

<<

Lauren

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Here's another padlock I just listed today. I'll be sorry to see this one go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-padlock ... SwmhJZtHBe

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (THAT WAS FAST) :smile:
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 am

Lauren wrote:Here's another MASTODON TEN LEVER that I received keyless in the closed posiiton. I picked the lock open and decoded the levers in both clockwise and counterclockwise. Each decode is different due to masterkeying. This key was made on my drillpress from solid steel stock and only works in the clockwise direction. You can learn similar key making techiniques in my book.

Sorry to bump a really old post. But I missed this mastodon in the lot of 50 auction last week.
I would really like to find the buyer and possibly buy this lock.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

Lauren

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm

This was not the exact 10 lever lock in my listing. The lock shown above is iron clad, and the one I sold was brass with an aluminum bronze key. These are rather interesting locks, and they can easily be identified by the unique raised stamping in the the back of the lock case. It take different keys to open these locks in one particular direction. I have two original keys in my almost-gone collection.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:26 am

Lauren wrote:This was not the exact 10 lever lock in my listing. The lock shown above is iron clad, and the one I sold was brass with an aluminum bronze key. These are rather interesting locks, and they can easily be identified by the unique raised stamping in the the back of the lock case. It take different keys to open these locks in one particular direction. I have two original keys in my almost-gone collection.

Are you out of 10 lever Mastodon? Are the 2 keys you have for sale? Also is the Mastodon covered in the first book or the second?
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock