FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Trip to the railroad tracks

<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: Trip to the railroad tracks

No, don't think it's that. I have A-prefix Americans that are non-key-retaining.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law of Prediction
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 am

UPRR signal dept. it the upper penninsula railroad running signals in Gordons neighborhood.? Maybe oldfast knows, he lives in the UP
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:44 am

Know you are kidding, Rai. :-) But for those who don't know, UPRR = Union Pacific Railroad. ;-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm

DR2 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:Nice little outing :)

Surprising really to see and hear of so many H10's still utilized in important areas.
Although the H10 may hold up to weather nicely, they provide very little security.

I have run into quite a few of these over the years and for some bizarre reason, I collect Chicago and Junkunc/American Double-Sided Disc Tumbler Padlocks. I love these damned things!

Some of them can be amazingly testy and difficult to pick. The set of four dedicated Rocker Picks for them do very, very well on the vast majority of them but you will, once in a while, get a bitting that is difficult that those Rockers won't immediately open or open with a little coaxing and then they will give you a fit picking them in a more conventional manner, too. Combine that with poor maintenance, extremes in weather and fine dirt and dust being a major part of the area and you can have something that will give you a fit. The idea that some lunatic from the Middle East is going to easily pick one of these things, errah...I dunno. I don't think everything is as easy for other people as it is for people like us when it comes to this stuff.

DR2 wrote:....and for some bizarre reason, I collect Chicago and Junkunc/American Double-Sided Disc Tumbler Padlocks.
Maybe someday you'll take some photos of this collection for us :) I don't have alot of them,
but if I happen to have one I don't see in your current collection, I'd be happy to send it your way.

DR2 wrote:Some of them can be amazingly testy and difficult to pick.
True, they can be. I've come across a couple like that. And another thing I've noticed with alot of them;
they can often times give off a false set of sorts, requiring less tension in order to lift the final 1 or 2 wafers.

DR2 wrote:The set of four dedicated Rocker Picks for them do very, very well on the vast majority of them....
Hmmm. Interesting. I didn't know there was a dedicated set for these.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm

rai wrote:....Maybe oldfast knows, he lives in the UP

Not far off Rai... but I'm actually in the lower peninsula. The great 'mitten state' :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock