FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Style of Handcuffs

<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:02 pm

New Style of Handcuffs

These new Handcuffs can shock you and inject you with a needle!
I wonder what kind of lock and key they will use?

From http://gizmodo.com/5964912/these-patents-show-a-seriously-shocking-future-for-handcuffs?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow:

If you thought plasticuffs were the future of restraints, well, you might still be right. But handcuff technology is also preparing to fork in a much more high-tech direction. According to some recent patents, the future of handcuffs may be shocking. Literally. Shocking you. With electricity.

Dug up by Patent Bolt, the recent patent application from Scottsdale Inventions LLC shows what seems to be a pretty well developed prototype of handcuffs that will shock the wearer into submission. The patent also allows for a blinking light or auditory warning that triggers as the shock is prepared, presumably to warn the wearer to CALM DOWN. The shocks could come for any number of reasons—too much movement, movement outside a radius, or under order of the cuff's owner—and the cuffs would also contain EKG/ECG sensors to keep from shocking detainees a little too silly (i.e. to death).

That's not even where it ends though, because there's additional language describing how the cuffs could actually administer a substance "to achieve any desired result" via needles or gas. It could be anything from medication to sedatives to irritants, to who knows what else. One thing's for sure, you won't want to find yourself in a pair of these suckers if they hit the streets.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Re: New Style of Handcuffs

Do they come with pink fur?
<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

i don't think that this will actually become reality, seems too expensive and extreme. but if they do, they'll probably use the same normal key as just about any other handcuff out there. Or it'll be a small cheap 3 or 4 pin tumbler lock that can be picked with a toothpick.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

if they are used, it won't be here in the United States due to legal issues.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

rai wrote:Do they come with pink fur?

they had better... just imagind the fun ill be having with these bad bois

GWiens2001 wrote:if they are used, it won't be here in the United States due to legal issues.

Gordon

SPECIFY... they will not be used as prisoner restraints in the us... they WILL be used for recreational purposes
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Here in the U.S. they arrest so many people these are just to big and bulky to carry multiple pairs. Seems like a lot of over kill if the person already has their hands restrained behind their back you can't kick the back of their knee and make them sit down? or use the tazer on your belt?
I know people are always trying to reinvent things but conventional handcuffs are hard to top.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 pm

If these ever make it into production, which as speculated here as being doubtful, I still woudn't be surprised to see them used in extraordinary rendition cases.
Such as Guantanamo Bay, or transporting terrorist suspects long distances to other countries to hand them over to THEIR authorities for interrogation, and whatnot.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Daggers wrote:seems too expensive and extreme.

Not too familiar with the U.S. government are ya? :P
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

similar devices are used in courtrooms as added control for "dangerous" inmates, in most of these cases prisoners are cuffed with hands in front of the body, I could see them being used for this.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock