well i bought a kaba micro switch lock from Sour and wanted to see the core... so i proceeded to take the switch lock apart... when i found the core i noticed it would fit inside a 5200 core... so... in a 4 hour timeframe of me opening the package, i made a padlock out of the kaba micro... (i also made a trip to the post, the lock making was only abt 2 hours... 1 to dissasemble the switch and 1 for the postoffice...)
the first thing i had to do was modify the core housing so that the micro would fit inside it:
Next I had to cut off the tail end of a 5200 plug to and modify it to match the tailpiece on the kaba micro:
after assembeling the new hybrid core:
the lock was ready to be tested...
there was one small issue, i had cut thetail end of the 5200 a hare too short, so if you wernt paying attention you could slip the kaba tailpiece out of the 5200 tailpiece... to remidy this i just added 2 5200 bypass wafers to take up space in the back, this keeps the 5200 tail pushed into the kaba tail perfectly.
I also had to modify the trap door so i could turn the key the correct direction... but thats a given going from an upright pin tumbler to a dimple lock