FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Supra Lock Box

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Supra Lock Box

This is a Supra Lock Box. They were used at car dealerships. The car window was rolled down, the box was placed over the window and the window was rolled back up. The car keys were locked in the box and the salesman carried a key to the Supra boxes. All boxes at the car lot were keyed alike. I have managed to pick the lock 1 time 1 position. It is like a tubular lock that must be picked multiple times to open the box, 4 time I believe to open this box. Picking it one time was enough for me, it is very tough to pick.

<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Supra Lock Box

Nice. I guess you would figure locking up keys to vehicles, then you would want a fairly decent lock.

I remember on my first test drive when I bought my first car seeing one of these. Salesperson did not take it off before we left. While on the test drive, I put the window down and it fell off and bounced off the car! Had to turn around and go pick it up. Did not end up buying that one anyway. :-)

Does the arrow on the keyhole correspond to anything?

Ed
<<

KokomoLock

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 pm

edsmiley wrote:Nice. I guess you would figure locking up keys to vehicles, then you would want a fairly decent lock.

I remember on my first test drive when I bought my first car seeing one of these. Salesperson did not take it off before we left. While on the test drive, I put the window down and it fell off and bounced off the car! Had to turn around and go pick it up. Did not end up buying that one anyway. :-)

Does the arrow on the keyhole correspond to anything?

Ed

I have been doing some searching online and can't find what the arrow is for, its has to be for something or it would not be there.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 pm

I always wondered how hard one of those would be to pick!! I got to examine one once, but never played with one. Supposedly Supra is still in business in Salem, but I never been by the building, close to where I live though.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Neat little lock box there! That star pattern looks like it might make it easier to tension than a typical tubular. Was that the case?
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

KokomoLock

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:45 pm

elbowmacaroni wrote:Neat little lock box there! That star pattern looks like it might make it easier to tension than a typical tubular. Was that the case?

Ya, tensioning was easy, the picking was the problem!
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:21 am

I believe the arrow is for key orientation. I have picked quite a few of these; some have fought back, others open as easil as an tubular lock I've seen.
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock